Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I was browsing the internet at work today, and stumbled across www.cycletrader.com and found a bunch of dealers that were listing new Ducati 748's for around $11,400. Is this a good price? I even saw one of my "If I win the lottery bike" the Grey/Red Rims 748S for this price.

But, most of the dealers were in IL, or OH so I would have to ship it. Has anyone ever done this? I guess if I win the lottery, shipping $$ wouldn't mean squat.....;)

just curious for future reference; in case I can ever get one. Saw some good used ones about a year or two old with as low as 800 miles........

·
Registered
591 Posts
Knight of Ni said:
...found a bunch of dealers that were listing new Ducati 748's for around $11,400. Is this a good price?
You'll be way ahead in the game as soon as you realize 'good price for a Ducati' is an oxymoron! :rolleyes:

Methinks we can probably get desmo079 to testify! :D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The dealer here in Phoenix quoted me $14,500 for the 748s last Thursday. If you found one of those for $11,500 brand new, that's a pretty damn good deal!

Cost to ship a bike across the country is around $600 depending on who you go with.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Ducati's on Cycle Trader.com

CBR Brutha said:
I'll tell you what. You buy it, I'll ride it to ya'. Then you won't even have to worry about break-in! :)
Sounds good to me. How much plasma would one need to donate to get $6500?:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: used Duc

elo said:

Sold Duc.

Night of Ni, you don't want any Duc pre-1998 anyway. Too much maintenance. Supposedly after 1998 they got WAY better.
Thanks,
I'll keep that in mind, considering I don't know squat about Ducs yet......YET; but WHEN i get one I'll learn myself up real good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts