Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohhh dear. I have actually seen one of these riding around town recently. Congrats to the guy for actually riding it and not just keeping it in the garage. But this thing cries out for a set of Termi's or Conti's. It is sooo muffled it sounds like a sewing machine sneaking up on you. An awesome bike spoiled by bureaucracy.

:)

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
I ve never seen one, they were only sold through Internet and they are extremely rare.

Aris

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I was at Pro-Italia a few months ago and they had 4 (four) of them on the sales floor. Most were sold. I asked if they were bought by "investors" and was told most of them were going to be used as streetbikes as far as they knew. Yes, they are beautiful in person.

Personally, I would take their asking price and see if I could find a cherry 900SS bevel shaft bike. Those bikes are just magical in a brutish and beautiful way.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
turn1 said:
One of the local dealers here has both the MH900 and the BB998!:eek:
One of ours does too, I had to make a pilgrimage just to see them. Just my luck, they also had the 748s. :mad: As if drooling over one bike isn't enough, try 3! :drool:

All Ducatis at this place have a "no sitting" policy, the BB had a "no touching" policy as well. It wasn't even for sale! How am I supposed to know if I am willing to mortgage my soul to buy one if I can't even sit on it? ;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Whatta they gonna do, throw you in jail? Hop right on that posemobile! This policy is widespread among Duc dealers, more because of those stupid self-retracting sidestands than anything else.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
elo said:

One of ours does too, I had to make a pilgrimage just to see them. Just my luck, they also had the 748s. :mad: As if drooling over one bike isn't enough, try 3! :drool:

All Ducatis at this place have a "no sitting" policy, the BB had a "no touching" policy as well. It wasn't even for sale! How am I supposed to know if I am willing to mortgage my soul to buy one if I can't even sit on it? ;)
Pro-Italia doesn't have that policy with their bikes. BB might be an exception. But that is a long trip for a sit.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How am I supposed to know if I am willing to mortgage my soul to buy one if I can't even sit on it?

Stand in your living room in helmet and leathers. Bend over and grab your ankles. Look straight ahead. There you go a genuine Ducati riding position :D

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts