Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They had another one with the 1098 vs the Gallardo Superleggara. I'd much rather have a 1098. In fact if I get one, I might make you a helluva deal on a 999 lol

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So.. when are you picking it up? :D
There's a 1098 S at the dealership right now and I want it sooooooooo bad. But being that I'm still working on the house, I can't go spending all that money. Plus, I gotta give you at least another year to grow up before I put you on a liter bike.

BTW, it looks just like this:

Tell me that doesn't make you "druel"

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
The 1098 has been my top want-bike for two years now :drool: Its the only machine that makes me want to kick my own wife out of bed to make space for it. I wonder what it'd be like riding it up carpeted stairs....

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agreed. Apparently some guy showed up out of the blue and bought that 1098 the other day. I hear his wife was calling him to protest so much that the owner made sure they took him to the office where cell phones don't get service (I believe that because everyone has to step outside to get good service there). Then she called the dealership itself but they played stupid till they got the papers signed. That'll be my life in 5 years.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Agreed. Apparently some guy showed up out of the blue and bought that 1098 the other day. I hear his wife was calling him to protest so much that the owner made sure they took him to the office where cell phones don't get service (I believe that because everyone has to step outside to get good service there). Then she called the dealership itself but they played stupid till they got the papers signed. That'll be my life in 5 years.

No it won't.

I'll be there to smash your phone "By accident" for you. How else am I going to make sure I get your 999? :dunno::eyebrows:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll be there to smash your phone "By accident" for you. How else am I going to make sure I get your 999? :dunno::eyebrows:
Lol.

"Why did you insist on driving all the way to Ohio to watch me buy the 1098? And what's with the sledgehammer?"

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't forget a 36mm socket and torque wrench in case they forget to tighten the rear axle

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"uhh... I just wanted to see it first hand, before you screwed up the pics with your own reflection."
And allow me to once again express how much I hate you. :finger::ban:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts