Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
sounds like you are in desperate need of tools. Go buy a 3/8 drive allen set and a torque wrench. They'll be life savers, allows me to torque most of the bolts on my bike. Anyway, what kind of stands do you have? a fork lift is ok for removing wheels but bad if you want to do any sort of work to the front end. Anyway, sounds like have it all pretty much covered, but the right set of tools makes all the difference. ESP when it comes to stuff like allen wrenches.

what size allen wrenches are you using? I've got 5 allen sockets and 4 torque wrenches laying around... plus a bunch of oddly sized sized sockets if you want to borrow some.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sodamninsane said:
sounds like you are in desperate need of tools. Go buy a 3/8 drive allen set and a torque wrench. They'll be life savers, allows me to torque most of the bolts on my bike. Anyway, what kind of stands do you have? a fork lift is ok for removing wheels but bad if you want to do any sort of work to the front end. Anyway, sounds like have it all pretty much covered, but the right set of tools makes all the difference. ESP when it comes to stuff like allen wrenches.

what size allen wrenches are you using? I've got 5 allen sockets and 4 torque wrenches laying around... plus a bunch of oddly sized sized sockets if you want to borrow some.
12 and 14mm wrenches... 3/8 drive allen set is that like the 1/2 inch sockets except for being allen heads...?

yeah im kinda strapped for cash at the moment so I dont want to be buying to many tools... just paid my 620 insurance payment and motorcycle is due not too long from now

·
Registered
237 Posts
yeah a 3/8 drive allen set is like normal sockets but with allen heads... 3/8" is the socket driver size... common ones are 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"... and if you work on semis you usually use a 3/4" drive ratchet.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JesterRR said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't you already drop the whole bike? What's the sense in dropping the front end all over again? :D
hahaha nice lol Jester

k thanks sodamninsane whats a good place to pick 'em up from online places or like sears looking for cheap quality lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
lol. sears has decent stuff... but damn those sizes are expensive. I think a 14mm allen is like 17 bucks. craftsmans are ok but the only reason they replace them for free is because you will break them.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
yeah im kinda strapped for cash at the moment so I dont want to be buying to many tools
Couple of questions,

#1, why do you want to drop the front end.

#2, I live near 16 and Groesbeck I'd be more than happy to let you use my tool (smirk) and help you do it, if you bring it over.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
hahaha nice lol Jester

k thanks sodamninsane whats a good place to pick 'em up from online places or like sears looking for cheap quality lol
HARBOR FREIGHT, 15 and Groesbeck :thumb:

it doesn't get any cheaper than that.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
almightys said:
i told you to go to MR O'tools on vandyke and get them over a month ago???
:confused:
yeah i was refering to the torque wrench mainly.. found a good set of allen drives for 20 online

yeah i got the spedo all done bearings havent been squeaking like I thought they were must have been the dried out spedo gears or somethin. took me about an hour to do the whole job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts