Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DreamRyder's 2008 Drag Racing Schedule

May

• Friday 16 - US 131 - Hayabusa.org Private Track Rental by Bellman Oil - Best ET 8.03 @ 187 mph (2nd fastest ET out of about 40 bikes)

June

• Friday 6th - Milan Dragway - Friday Night Heads Up
  • Saturday 14 - Byron Dragway - 2Wheel Speed
  • Sunday 15 - Byron Dragway - 2Wheel Speed
  • Sunday 22 - US 131 - Battle of the Bikes
  • Sunday 29 - Muncie - Private Track Rental

July

• Saturday 12 - Byron Dragway - 2Wheel Speed
  • Sunday 13 - Byron Dragway - 2Wheel Speed

August

• Saturday 9 - Grand Bend Canada - Test and Tune
  • Sunday 10 - Grand Bend Canada - Fastest Street Bike Shootout
  • Sunday 17 - US 131 - Battle of the Bikes
  • Saturday 23 - Byron Dragway - 2Wheel Speed
  • Sunday 24 - Byron Dragway - 2Wheel Speed

September

• Friday 5 - Milan Dragway - Friday Night Heads Up
  • Saturday 13 - Byron - 2Wheel Speed
  • Sunday 14 - Byron - 2Wheel Speed

October

• Friday 3 - Milan Dragway - Friday Night Heads Up

There are several test and tune days scattered here and there, but the above are official race events that I have planned for.

I hope to make Union Grove's Tuesday Night Events.. They host a Womens's Only Bracket Series every Tues.. I did pretty good there last year considering I mostly was still trying to tune the lockup and you could never fully guarantee what I was gonna run LOL... best part is even though it's a test and tune night for everyone - women get in and race for free... can't beat that!

Below are a few I'd like to fit in somehow if it were possible:

May

• Friday 2 - Milan Dragway - Friday Night Heads Up
  • Saturday 18 - Milan Dragway - Drag News Magazine Race

August

• Friday 1 - Milan Dragway - Friday Nights Heads Up
  • Saturday 2 - Oreily Raceway Park - AMA Prostreet
  • Sunday 3 - Oreily Raceway Park - AMA Prostreet

October

• Saturday 11 - Summit Motorsports Park - AMA Prostreet
  • Sunday 12 - Summit Motorsports Park - AMA Prostreet

Location of Tracks:

Bryon Dragway = Byron, IL
Grand Bend Motorplex = Grand Bend, Canada
Milan Dragway = Milan, MI
Muncie Dragway = Muncie, IN
O'reilly Raceway Park = Indianapolis, IN
Summit Motorsport Park = Norwalk, OH
Great Lakes Dragaway = Union Grove, WI
US 131 (Knoll Gas Motorsports Park) = Martin, MI​

E.
:cheers::burnout:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey E... I did not know you rode a 929... I just ran into your post in Fireblade.org! Do you drag race it?

-Marc
Howdy... yup.. ride the 929 for my everyday streetbike.. but use to run it on the road course as well as the drag strip.. but only for fun.

now I drag race the busa.. which is going from a stock motor on small dry shot of NOS to an RCC Ultra Turbo motor for 2008 :eyebrows:

E.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I might be able to pull some Milan visits.
Will there be any hot women there?
:)

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no clue... never look at the gals :p

You paint that bubble bike yet?

you mean the red white and blue scheme I had wanted? no... been white all season.. and now money is too tight for performance mods and racing expenses I can't shell it out to have it repainted. :loser:

E.
This is what she looked like end of last season:

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Looks fantastic just the way it is.:thumbs2:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks fellas...

actually she does have somewhat of some flags on her...

But because she's getting a new subframe and tail peice I'll have to get those redone to put on the new stuff...

E.
( I would still like a lil more color... was gonna do something with some red but will wait till next year )

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
YES! There is usually about 1000 - 2000 people there on those nights, and ladies get in free. Lots of eye candy.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hey Eunice how have you been? I notice your location says west of Chicago....No longer living up in the thumb?
yup yup.. moved end of july last year... doing well thank you...

Quick Run down of my first passes ever on the new setup at US131 on May 16th:​

First Pass: 11.8 (couldn't find drag pegs too far back, AMS was not turned on which meant no boost, Missed my shift points due to tire spinning and shift light on entire time - total botched run LOL)

Second Pass: 8.4 (still couldnt' find pegs, short shifted a couple times, and went from side to side entire length of track LOL)

Third Pass: 8.03 @ 187 mph (changed AMS setting - track was not holding the larger amount of boost and moved my drag pegs up closer to me and removed toe sliders to give me better traction at the line to steady the bike while leaning forward)

Forth Pass: 8.20 (lot's of tire spin off the line and down the track and discovered my throttle housing kept spinning on me keeping me from getting to full throttle on my runs)

Fifth Pass: 8.27 @ 176 mph (better 60 foot time than any other pass but wheelied mid track and somehow lost my windscreen ?? )

Ended the day with the 2nd Fasted ET out of about 40 bikes I think?

After changing out my throttle tube and kill switch housing and checking my clutch for possible adjustments I know I should be in the 7's next time out...

Will be racing at Milan on Friday June 6th :eyebrows:

E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will try to get some pics and vids up as soon as I get them from a friend.. my batteries didnt' take a charge for my camera... :loser:

E.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for the update :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Dream, I saw that video on redline, I hope you're ok. Chime in and let us know

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
sorry for delay in posting... no Internet at home makes ot hard to get online alot and work has been busy - and i am slow enough typing one handed LOL

but yes I'm good.. just a broken left middle finger..

bike has minimal damage - just cosmetic for most part..

when i can post pics i will... :thumb: there's a ton of play by play taken by three different people :laughing:

sorry for the scare everone.. tks for checkin in with me...

E.

BTW - I will be back out there as soon as the finger heals :O)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am Very Happy you are ok....thank GOD!

But I must ask.....why no wheelie bar?

I just met a gentleman who owns a Turbo Hayabusa and rides on the street and with a wheelie bar on the track, It looked like in the video if you would of had one you would of been ok.....

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am Very Happy you are ok....thank GOD!

But I must ask.....why no wheelie bar?

I just met a gentleman who owns a Turbo Hayabusa and rides on the street and with a wheelie bar on the track, It looked like in the video if you would of had one you would of been ok.....
the class I race is don't allow for wheelie bars.. it's too easy to go fast with wheelie bars and like the thrill of knowing I can do it without them... granted with the right chasis setup to handle the power being put on the rear like that LOL....

Made a few 7 sec passes the last week.. finally figurin out how to keep the wheelie gremlin at bay.. between shock binding up on swingarm... then bottoming out as well as excessive clutch wear... I've done 7.99 then 7.83 then a 7.80 which should have been a 7.60 if not for an early shift into 2nd around 9K due to my trying to bring thebike back in teh groove and screwing up my short time... here's a couple videos of the last two runs..

Video 7.83 run

Video 7.80 run

I'm now the first and only female world wide currently to have gotten into the 7's on a prostreet bike (street tire - no bar or slick) :cheers:

E.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I'm now the first and only female world wide currently to have gotten into the 7's on a prostreet bike (street tire - no bar or slick) :cheers:

E.
And you're all ours :love: Well, other than Redline :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts