Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right...
Ladies and gentleman we as motorcycle riders should act on this... There is a proposed I-3 that is going to run from Savanah Georgia to Knoxville Tennessee... This is going to cut right through the Great Smokey Mountain National Park... They are also planning on getting rid of Hwy 129 and put the Interstate right through the center of the Dragons tail... I am not usually a politcal person unless your messing with my right to bear arms or my right to good roads to ride on... This time they are planning on destroying one of the best motorcycle roads in the US... by far the best on the eastcoast... I know some of you don't even know what I am talking about but for those who do... I know I love that road and don't want it destroyed for an Interstate... just to fix Atlanta's traffic problems...

Thanks for listening...

For more info try this link.

www.tailofthedragon.com

and

www.interstate-guide.com/i-003.html

·
Registered
58 Posts
The roads arent gona dissapear. Unless of course there is no homes or businesses or anything you would NEED to get to off of those roads... Just another 2 cents

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
DocThee said:
$50 Billion dollars!! Anyone know if this is part of the GWB transportation plan?
I was just thinking to myself, this will never happen because of two reasons. Environmentalistic reasons, they would be really hard pressed to shove something right through a heavily wooded region with many untouched peaks and rivers. Second would be the amount of money required for this project, building a road is one thing, building an interstate that straightens out some of those bends, $$$$$$$. Honestly I don't see it happening, but then again, more worthless things have happened.

·
Registered
52 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts