Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just moved over here, anybody else in the dominican republic?

i know you are out their although i haven;t seen too many sportbikes around, i seen enough around, somebody has got to be a member here

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did some consulting work in Santa Domingo about 6 years ago. If you ride a sportbike around there, you are one of the bravest people I know. :p

I think they determine which direction the lanes go based on whichever direction has the most cars. Of course that does not even come close to Rome, Italy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes you are right riding a sportbike around here is dangerous, if u don;t know what you are doing, when u were hear did u notice the massive numbers of smaller 100cc bikes and scooters around? their more 2 wheelers on the road than cars, and about the driving lane thing, its not like that everything is exactly as it is in florida (i lived their 3 years) u can make a right at red lights and you stay on the right side of the road and yellow means 2 laned road and such, the problem is that most people don;t have patience and sometimes interpret a red light with a stop sign so they just slow down or honk their horns when at a small intersection instead of making a complete stop,

i thought about maybe just bring my mr2 down here and not my bike but i intened to live down here so their is no way im giving up my sport of riding bikes just because is a dangerous riding it down here, hell its dangerous riding it everywhere.

but i have seen a large numbers of sportbikes here so i know its possible i just have to be extra defensenve, to be honest with youy the most dangerous part of riding a sportbike down here is the it can be stolen factor....while your in it, im not too worried about traffic i have plenty of seat time under my belt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts