Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Robert:

I see people take text from others' posts and using them in their posts. Usually it shows up as bold print. How is that done?? Thanx!!:eek::confused:

JIM

G

·
katana600 said:
Robert:

I see people take text from others' posts and using them in their posts. Usually it shows up as bold print. How is that done?? Thanx!!:eek::confused:

JIM
Jim, hit the quote button at the bottom of the window in which their post appears. Voila, automatic, you get a new window in which to add your comments. No need to do anything to the quote, unless you wanna snip some of the text out to emphasize a certain part of the quote. Just make sure that you add your comments *after* the end of the quote.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quoting

Jim, hit the quote button at the bottom of the window in which their post appears. Voila, automatic, you get a new window in which to add your comments. No need to do anything to the quote, unless you wanna snip some of the text out to emphasize a certain part of the quote. Just make sure that you add your comments *after* the end of the quote.

Pete:
OK...now the next test will be to see if I can figure out how to quote just a portion of the text.:)Thanx!

JIM

G

·
Jim, looks like you are doing something wrong. You don't need to type "Quoting" in or anything. Just hit the "Quote" button, and scroll down to after you see the slash inside the brackets with the word "quote". The slash command ends the quote, like it ends bold type with "B".

To edit the quote, stay inside the "begin quote" and "end quote" commands, and delete the text you don't want o show up after you hit "submit".

Hope this ain't terribly confusing. My first attempt at this post was all screwed up when I tried to type the actual commands surrounded by quotation marks; that didn't work.

[Edited by Pete on 10-24-2000 at 06:03 AM]

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pete:

Okay I'll give that a try....(can u tell I am a computer dummy?!)

The word "quoting" was something I put in the optional "Post Subject" box...I guess that kinda confused matters.:)

JIM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts