Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of dog/s do you have? I have 2 Black Labs. A 10 yr old male named "Stretch" and a < 2yr old female named "Nevada" (rescued 3/8/04).

Jimmy G

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
2 Dalmatians. Marnie (on couch) and Molly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Marnie below.

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My "old timer" hanging out in his "mobile doghouse"...
BTW, that where HE wants to be...He begs me to sit in the van..

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a half black lab/half german shepard that's dumber than a door knob.

A yellow lab that sleeps all day.

and a little dog, i don't even know what kind it is......

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I have a little brother and two little sisters. But my mom kept them when I moved out. LOL.:twofinger

No dogs here. I am looking for an instinctive hunting dog though. I am leaning towards the lab and retriever. Any reco's?

·
Registered
36 Posts
DocThee said:

No dogs here. I am looking for an instinctive hunting dog though. I am leaning towards the lab and retriever. Any reco's?
I'd highly suggest a labador for duck hunting and whatnot, great, loyal dogs.:thumb:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
While I know nothing of hunting, I've got a co-worker who swears by his American Brittanys. :dunno:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent bird dogs...( for flushing) not retrieving...I had a Springer Spaniel that was JUST AMAZING!!!! So I will agree with Spicer (man). Labs are for fetchin' stuff and keeping the bed warm. :) Jimmy G

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
jimmyjr said:
So I will agree with Spicer (man).
See, it didn't hurt. I'll get you straightened out yet. :laughing:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just for the record......I DO think you are a smart guy with some great insight... I just don't agree with your views on gun control.
But that's ok!! :) Jimmy G

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
jimmyjr said:
Just for the record......I DO think you are a smart guy with some great insight... I just don't agree with your views on gun control.
But that's ok!! :) Jimmy G
Ah, I remember that one. So as to not hijack this thread, I would invite you to review that gun control thread. I stated very clearly numerous times that I support the right to own guns and will fight to keep that right. The question the thread dealt with was why do some feel the need to carry a gun on them at all times. After being informed that I argue like a girl, I think we simply agreed to disagree. ;) :thumb:

To get back on topic, I wish we had a dog or dogs. Our landlord won't let us, but we're wearing him down. For now all he'll allow are ferrets, of which we have 4. I'm not sure what kind of dog I'd like, but have always loved Sheperds. One of my friends recently got a Mastiff that is upwards of 160# and still growing. While I would love to have a dog like that, I would want a lot more land first. If/when we get one, we will probably go to the animal shelters. I hate people who get rid of animals for almost any reason, with few exceptions. When you get a pet, it is a commitment you make up until the animal dies. It's not their fault you got tired of taking care of them.

[/rant]

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a German shorthaired pointer that is good at finding birds. Never hunted with him but his instinct is strong. Right now I have 5 dogs, the city only allows 2 but we keep them pretty quiet and the neibours don't mind too much.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here are some pictures of my GSP named Chevy, AKA Sticks.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
And my border collie Elektra, resolution sucks but you get the picture. I like this one because of her tounge sticking out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
3 labs: one of each color. My favorite of the 3 is my boy Snickers, the choc lab. No, my parents named him. I thought it was a lame name, too, but it grew on me. He just rocks.

My real boy is another choc lab that I had with my ex-g/f, and she has him. :rolleyes: It sucks that she has him, but I had to give him up to end the relationship. DAMN I miss that dog. Barkley is his name. She tells me stories of how badly he behaves now and I ask her to put him on the phone and I say "GOOD BOY PUPPY!! GOOD BOY!!" He then barks and goes crazy because he's happy. That's my boy! :cool: :D

1 - 20 of 149 Posts