Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In some older times, when weapons were more commonly part of daily dress, it was not uncommon to give a name to a particularly fine one. This seems to have crossed through a variety of cultures; Norse (Thor's hammer), Japanese (Grass Cutter, Oil Seller) Tolkien's literature (Sting, Glamdering, Troll's Bane?), etc.

Although this might be a personal thing, do any of you have a name for a special bike? I feel one coming for my 6R, but I have not yet found it.

To me... it is as light and fast as the wind and as dependable as the rising sun. With it, my legs stretch to the mountains. It's ability is as deep as the sea and there is nothing I have asked that it has not instantly given. It warms my soul like a fire in the depth of winter. Also like the sea, or the tail of the tiger, it could turn on me in a careless moment and I would be gone. It can let me soar, or erase me from the earth.

Wind, sun, sea, fire, long legs, a tiger's tail.... and yellow.

(We're still kind of slow at work today) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i named my 400 after the white zombie song "black sunshine."

so the yellow gsx-r became "sunshine."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Names give it character

So far I have had

Suzi Suzuki (GS550ES)
Katrina Katana ('89 Katana 750)

Now I am with Holly Honda.

I use white out and write the name on the inside of the fairing. Call me crazy

:confused: :eek:

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Joss said:
Thor's hammer...I feel one coming...fast as the wind...dependable...rising...my legs stretch to the mountains...it's ability is as deep as the sea...there is nothing I have asked that it has not instantly given...tail...
(We're still kind of slow at work today) :rolleyes:
Heh heh heh.

It's even slower over here :barf:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Joss said:
...it was not uncommon to give a name to a particularly fine one. This seems to have crossed through a variety of cultures; Norse (Thor's hammer), Japanese (Grass Cutter, Oil Seller) Tolkien's literature (Sting, Glamdering, Troll's Bane?), etc.

To me... it is as light and fast as the wind and as dependable as the rising sun. With it, my legs stretch to the mountains...It warms my soul like a fire in the depth of winter. Also like the sea, or the tail of the tiger, it could turn on me in a careless moment and I would be gone. It can let me soar, or erase me from the earth.

Wind, sun, sea, fire, long legs, a tiger's tail.... and yellow.

That's plagiarism! I read the exact same thing in a bathroom stall!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"That's plagiarism! I read the exact same thing in a bathroom stall!!!"

Hoss, we don't know one another well enough to speak to each other like that yet. It's dubious that we ever will. I looked for a smiley, but there ain't none.

So, if you aren't being funny, what's your point? :confused:

·
Registered
714 Posts
bike names

I called my Suzuki GS1000, Suzi Slut as my wife said it was the "other" woman in my life.
My Yam. TDM850 was called Red Dwarf (coz. it was big and red).
The VFR is Red Dwarf 2 for no other reason than I couldn't come up with a better one. :rolleyes: :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts