Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have my 250 and i love it for the convience, but i have been starting to get the itch to upgrade its awhile now, i was wondering, im 5'3 and weigh about 110 pounds, i know that once riding, the size of the bike in a straight line does not have a big impact on your size, i know no matter which sport bike i buy i will have to get the bike lowered one way or another, but my question is on the turns, im still sorta shakey on turning cause i always think im too light to make the turn efficiently and will fall with the bike, so i tend to slow wayyyyyy down when i do, but my bike weighs about 330 pounds, my dream bikes are in the 750 cc range about but their size is huge, so im wondering can i handle that size (425-465 pounds) with my size?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am 5'10" and a buck 50, I started riding back in the day when bike are much heavier than they are today. A 750cc bike weighed in at about 600 lbs. even a 1995 600cc bike is 430 lbs while my 07 1krr is 388 lbs. It is not about your weight when you are turning a bike. You have to know/learn about counter steer. Once you master counter steer you will see what I mean.

Your weight is not what turns the bike, it's counter steering that lays the bike over and in turn also turns the bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts