Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Best prayers for the safety of......... ALL....... those in Florida, in their time of crisis.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Do you miss that guy already??
Seems like we just got rid of him :loser:

or do you just like stirring the pot?? ;)

mb.

well..well i miss lil rubber duckie :D

and crappy, really really crappy for florida residents. i havent really heard how bad it is, nor did i read the article yet. ill get to it in a second.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Best prayers for the safety of......... ALL....... those in Florida, in their time of crisis.
Well, lets not over do it..... :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's really rough down there in the sunny, 70 degree weather........at least that's what they come on our boards and rub our faces in this time of the year.

just messin :)
mb.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Remember when that happened here...looting, accidents at intersections, all kinds of bad things. Shit remember how hot and humid it was...no fuel at gas stations, battery powered home phones not working...what a mess.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Remember when that happened here...looting, accidents at intersections, all kinds of bad things. Shit remember how hot and humid it was...no fuel at gas stations, battery powered home phones not working...what a mess.

LOL! I remember that. I was golfing, and the ranger came out and said we had to go to the clubhouse because the whole country was out of power. I said "bullshit, why go to the clubhouse? I'm gonna finish golfing." WTF, the beer was still cold. Went home, fired up the generator, and rode it out. I didn't put the generator in the house like some idiots though.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Did anyone bother looking up at the stars at night?
Since you could actually see them in the city with the power out?

:)

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
I was in Ohio that day with my family. I drove home that night to tend to my elderly Grandmother. I remember the eerie feeling of absolute darkness. It was very bizarre, no street lights, no porch lights, nothing. Pretty wild.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Clay siphoned the gas from our boat and we drove up to the beach house....which had power! We lived in Sterling Heights at the time a and I remember how weird it was that people were ACTUALLY outside, grilling on the BBQ, spending time with their families, saying hello to neighbors instead of sitting in front of the TV.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
... I remember how weird it was that people were ACTUALLY outside, grilling on the BBQ, spending time with their families, saying hello to neighbors instead of sitting in front of the TV.
Kinda sad it takes lack of electricity for people to spend time outside...:2cents::)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts