Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, good call. I am thinking of a CBR RR, like yours, but I am into Triumphs, and the performance in every area of the 675 is good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Only bike that I can say is in the same category is the Gixxer 750. Small chassis like a 600 but has some great power. However you're never going to find the same character as the triple. Some of the reviews I've read about the 675 say that they rode in different gears on the 675 than they would have on other bikes.

I don't know if the dealerships down there are like ours here but you can test ride the new 675 here. Try that back to back with the CBR and even a GSXR750 and see what you think.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd say go with the Daytona 675, and be unique. Performance wise I would say the 750 edges the 675 but not by a lot. I see too many gsxrs so my vote is for the Triumph.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd say go with the Daytona 675, and be unique. Performance wise I would say the 750 edges the 675 but not by a lot. I see too many gsxrs so my vote is for the Triumph.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
How tall are you? The tall seat might be a pain if you are under 5'10". Otherwise its a great bike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Er, RedDot07 - I hate to tell you this, but your current bike isn't a Triumph Daytona. It's a Triumph TT600. The Daytona is a completely different (and much cooler) motorcycle. There's no such thing as a "Triumph TT600 Daytona." You may want to change your Ebay ad before someone buys the thing and then sues you or turns up at your house with a baseball bat because you sold them a TT instead of a Daytona.

I imagine every guy who knows even the most basic thing about Triumph sportbikes is laughing at you when you ride off on your "Daytona". Kind of like the guys who pretend their Suzuki Katana is really an "old version of the GSXR".

Dude. You ride a TT600. That's a nice bike. You don't need to "pretend" that it's a Daytona to look cool.

If I were you, I'd do some research about Triumph motorcycles before you decide to dump the best part of ten grand into something you clearly don't know too much about.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i tell you, the bike looks sweet, its unique, and it wins almost every bike shootout in the mags for the 600 class.

but personally, i would look into the 750 gsxr. i know it will be faster, its on the same frame as the 600 gixxer, its practically the same weight, the aftermarket would probably be way better than the daytona, and also, almost every where you'll go, someone will be able to work on the gixxer, the same wont always be true for the Triumph...but what jumps out to me is the price. MRSP on the triumph site is almost 3000 more dollars than the GSXR750. i doubt mrsp in the states would be over 14k, but i bet it'd be almost the same as the 750. if the performance overall is better on the 750, its a no brainer for me, but i may prioritize things much differently than you.

just some things to think about. the 675 is a sweet bike tho

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am only 5' 4", so the seat hight is not going to be comfortable, but my current bike is tall too. My strength, and the fact that I've gotten used to it help. I'll be buying the 675 as soon as I get the chance to ride one. I don't want to buy it before I ride it, but I am pretty sure that I will buy it. I'll be checking into it late next month, because I am away from home on business until then. Oh, and I'll be sure to post pictures.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
at 5'4" the seat is definetly going to be a problem. If you plan on doing lots of track days, its no biggie. If you plan on commuting, well you need a plan of some sort. You will basically have to one foot the bike everywhere you go. as you wont even be able to tippy toe both feet. If you want to back the bike up, you will have to get off and push it back. And lets not mention something like going down a steep hill on a gravel driveway.

Of course the bike can be lowered. But that affects handling.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the advice Vash. I do have to push my bike to back it up, and there are always some concerns about the issues that come with being as short as I am, but don't think it will be much worse than my current bike. I do need to compare seat heights.

CaliTT, I hope you read this. I have had my bike for about 8 months. I do admit that I was a Honda guy before I bought my TT, but that doesn't mean that I don't know anything about Triumphs. I don't do anything without research, and I have likely read more about the Daytona, and maybe the TT than you ever will. A nomenclature mistake does not automatically make me ignorant about my bike. Additionally, in the time that I have had this bike, I have had it serviced twice. Both those times, Triumph dealers, that deal with only Triumphs, MVs, and Ducatis, have referred to it as a TT600 Daytona, or an 03 Daytona. The person who sold me the bike also used the same terminology. I know that the Daytona officially hit the scene in 04, but that doesn't change the fact that it is commonly referred to as a Daytona.

·
Registered
2 Posts
RedDot07 said:
A nomenclature mistake does not automatically make me ignorant about my bike.

Sure. But it's a consistent nomenclature mistake across not only this thread but also your Ebay ad. It's not a one-off mistake. It's a complete misunderstanding.

Additionally, in the time that I have had this bike, I have had it serviced twice. Both those times, Triumph dealers, that deal with only Triumphs, MVs, and Ducatis, have referred to it as a TT600 Daytona, or an 03 Daytona.

BS. Those mechanics were either idiots with no Triumph experience, or they were being "polite" by pretending you were getting your bike's name correct.

The person who sold me the bike also used the same terminology.

So you were ripped off by the seller and bought a TT when you thought you were buying a Daytona (er, I thought you researched bikes before you bought them?), and now you want to rip off another buyer? Change your Ebay ad. It's misleading and you're aware that it's misleading. You don't have a Daytona, so stop trying to sell a Daytona. No matter how hard you argue that you've got a Daytona, it won't change the clear, simple fact that you don't.

I know that the Daytona officially hit the scene in 04, but that doesn't change the fact that it is commonly referred to as a Daytona.
No. Daytonas in one form or another (of which the TT is not one) have been around since the late '90s. I've been riding a TT since 2001.

Why don't you do a quick Google search for "TT600 Daytona" - you'll get about 5 results. I've NEVER heard, in all my years of riding Triumphs, anyone call a TT600 a Daytona. Ever. They are not similar motorcycles. They are completely different motorcycles.

Listen. Let me put it real clear for you. A TT600 is not a Daytona. It's not related to a Daytona. It's not "commonly referred to" as a Daytona. Calling a TT a Daytona makes you look dumb.

I'm not trying to put your bike down. It's a nice bike. But dude, it's just not a Daytona and you're the only person I've ever heard refer to their TT as a Daytona. The only motorcycle that is commonly referred to as a Daytona is, er, a Daytona. You know, the one with "Daytona" written on the side. You'll note that a TT has "TT" written on its side. The two bikes are not interchangeable.

But hey, in your eight months of ownership, you know it all. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
658 Posts
CaliTT said:

...Why don't you do a quick Google search for "TT600 Daytona" - you'll get about 5 results. I've NEVER heard, in all my years of riding Triumphs, anyone call a TT600 a Daytona. Ever. They are not similar motorcycles. They are completely different motorcycles....
I got 602 using the terms in quotes and 98000 without quotes, so somebody is using the two terms together.

Is all this really necessary? He asked a question about the 675. I don't see that he's trying to rip anyone off with his Ebay listing. It appears to me that the TT600 is the predecessor to the Daytona 600. Are you also scrutinizing 1991-1997 Honda VFR's listed as Interceptors?

There was a comparison I read a few months ago between the GSX-R 750 and the 675. Although the authors picked the 750, they were surprised at how well the 675 kept up. I think the 675 is one of the best looking bikes out there. I'd like to see more of them around Atlanta.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The difference between the TT600 of 2003 and the Daytona of 2004 is almost entirely in the styling. The comparison between the TT and the first Daytona is not even close to calling a Katana a GSX-R. There was a bigger engineering difference between the 2001 TT and the 2003 TT than the 2003 TT and the 2004 Daytona.
I was not tricking anyone when I posted my ad, and I wasn't tricked when I bought my bike. Like I said, research my purchases, and I hope everyone else researches theirs.
Anyway, I won't lie and say that I wasn't genuinely miffed yesterday, but I am over it now. I am truly glad that the thread has spurred some discussion, and some passion.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts