Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anything about Roof helmets or where on the net that i can find out more info? I'm mainly interested in other riders opinions on quality, fit, etc. Sorry to post here but I've tried the other forum w/ no answers so i thought one last try :) Anything would help. It's finally warmed up in MI and the sun is out and i soon will be.

peace

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
What are they?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Duh, yuh....but what exactly are they? They have shingles and a chimney on them or what?
:confused:

·
Registered
282 Posts
fuster said:
Duh, yuh....but what exactly are they? They have shingles and a chimney on them or what?
:confused:
Yes. Anything else?

Would you like me to drive to Seattle and click the link provided by cbr Brutha for you?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
VFRSQUID said:

Would you like me to drive to Seattle and click the link provided by cbr Brutha for you?
Yes. But make it snappy.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
A friend of mine has a Boxer (model?) He loves it for short rides on hot days. He can flip the face up at stop lights and get some fresh air. They don't look too bad either. I can't imagine you'd want to wear it when you're pushing yourself to the limits though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks much for...

the responses. they were both informative and entertaining:D

CBR Brutha, the thunderchild site was cool! most info i found to date. thanks much !!!!

hot_rocket78 one question for you if you don't mind? your friend with the Boxer helmet, did he ever have any trouble with it on account of it not being dot certified? just wondering. i already ordered the diversion model and can't wait till it gets here!

peace

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Do you mean has he ever been busted for it not being DOT approved? Not to my knowledge. He also has an Arai that he wears for longer rides. He wears the Roof when he's just riding around town. From what he tells me he's never had any problems with it. I hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YEP....

i believe so and still waiting

peace

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: YEP....

darkstar=o) said:
i believe so and still waiting

peace
I know this is an old thread, and you are probably out enjoying that new helmet, but can you post some results. How does it fit? How is the finish? Do you believe it will hold up in the event of a get-off? I just saw one in a British Magzine, and I think it looks pretty cool. Just researching right now.
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts