Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been through this whole Yamaha forum and all I hear is about R-6's that are jacked up. Are there no R-1 riders out there left or is the bike just that damn good? Somebody help me PLEASE !!!!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
jgos929 said:
I've been through this whole Yamaha forum and all I hear is about R-6's that are jacked up. Are there no R-1 riders out there left or is the bike just that damn good? Somebody help me PLEASE !!!!!
um...been busy.....and they are that good!:D

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
R-1 is great. Had to replace a defective cooling system hose (big deal) and my battery had a dead cell (probably from the Carolina heat and the fact I don't baby it). Oh... and it absolutely ROASTS tires.

What would you like to know? I have one, and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I want to ride more, and talk about the shiznit, but riding to work at 4:30 in the morning and coming home in the 105 degree heat is all I can manage at the moment.

Im looking for a cheap set of race skins and leathers for some trackdays. Kinda getting bored doing the freeway commute.

When was the last time anyone has redlined their bike through all the gears? I haven't done it yet, because it's so much scarier than those P.O.S R6's :twofinger

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Most I can do is hit the first shift light (set at 11000) for the first couple of gears occassionally. And that's pushing it. Even though I've worked the suspension pretty good, and I weigh a ton, the front end starts getting light aroung there.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Im waiting for the August issue of Sport Rider. There will be a comparison between a 98 R1 and an 05 R1. Im sure the 98 will win in every test;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts