Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Nice, I used to have two RD350s. Maybe no one here is interested because its not an R1. LOL What is the deal with the expansion chamber? It looks custom made. Also no offence but a bike as cool as that one deserves some better paint.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Re: Grok

TonyBalgony said:
Het Grok. Maybe time to head back to BcSportbikes eh?LOL.
Its pretty quite here for having so many members.
been too busy riding.

btw, like the bike, keep it black. But what we really want to know is: IS IT FUN??

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm let's see, 328 lbs gassed, better than 100 rear wheel horsepower..........Yeah it's fun!:p The handling is better than a stock 500 also. ;)

The black paint has to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated, it is very well done by perfections here in Victoria. The wheels are powdercoated the same color as the 6-piston calipers, except they are glossy.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
That's a sweet looking bike Grok, pardon by ignorance but what did it start life as and what was it's weight and power pre-stripping?

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Great bike!

Hi Grok,
It looks great, what else can I say!
Great looks and a great playbike.
You re also right about this forum being rather dead...I think the fact that I wasn't posting lately was a factor. My holidays end next weekend and I hope to create some movement here :)

Aris

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I guess summer is a time for trips and vacations.

Just to clarify, this bike is my good friends ride, I took his blown-up and crashed RG and turned it into what you see! He went along with my vision and bankrolled it. I thought it would serve as an inspiration for you naked bike lovers to roll up your sleeves this winter and make something better!;)

Just Build It!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm in the middle of rolling up my sleeves, but not to that extreme, man thats nice. for now I will just stick to messing with my cb750f, right now I'm still rebuilding it and the only custom work thats been done is new rear turn signals, don't laugh I'm still learning.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent!

Good on you! It is a great idea to start with simple stuff to see if you enjoy doing it first. Stock signals are usually easy to improve upon and next to exhaust systems, are the most common custom modification.:cool:

·
Registered
866 Posts
well it wasn't a choice its something that had to be done, have you ever seen the turn signals off a cb750f, if someone tried to rob me I could break one off and beat the guy to death, heres a link to my site you can see my bike right after the wreck, its getting better now and will be done in the next 2 weeks.

www.angelfire.com/fl2/neko

1 - 14 of 14 Posts