Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Would like to own '03 R6

Votes: 54 22.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
R 1 is mine, I love the damn thing, it keeps you honest at track days, in fact it really is too much power, I have almost lost the rear more than once coming out of a turn and grabbing a handfull of throttle, love that goosey little tail sqirm she makes....... everybody says that an R6 would be better for track days, but damn I would hate to be wiped on the straits by the liter bikes, so I guess i'll stay with THE ONE...........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got the R1 cos of the Yamaha insurance thing.

Wanted a 600 hundred but couldnt get insured (at least not at a reasonable rate).

Would love to try a 6 though

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well i'll pick up my new 03 r6 saturday
reasons why i chose it. I like 600's they fit me well at 5'9" 160lbs.
wanted fuel injection.
loved the looks. like the front end better then the r1, i want to learn to take the twists better
the black with red flaes caught my eye.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anyone mind explaining the "Yamaha insurance thing?" Does factory provided insurance coverage allow for a rider to ride a literbike cheaper than the average means? I am greatly interested, please help me out!

Elias
+

·
Registered
94 Posts
All I can say is, you are some lucky people over there in the UK. Yamaha is pretty smart for offering that. I am guessing in the sue-happy U.S.A., that program will never be implemented. Too bad! :(

Elias
+

·
Registered
13 Posts
It got to a point over here where unless you had years of no claims on insurance there was no way the companies would even give you a quote. Even though I have been riding for 17 years I had not owned a bike for 4 and therefore I couldnt get a quote for an R6. A CBR6 was gonna be £1250 which is £700 more than I pay for a BMW M3.

The M/C manufacturers saw this and realised they were loosing sales and instead of dropping the price Yamaha came up with this.

Unfortunately there have been a rut of "ambulace chasing" law firms advertising recently to sue if you have an accident. Even the guys who run track days are being sued.

So I think that we may be in the same situation soon.:crying:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got a new 2003 R6 today.....

and man is it sweet. Didn't get to ride it much today, since the temp was in the 30's. Weekend's lookin pretty nice though.....mid 70's. Can't wait to get a feel for her.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ride a '01 R6 and love it to death, but I can not wait to get on the '03 R1 (black with flames). No complaints about the R6, I'm hooked on Yamaha for life!:eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2002 Silver R1. Actually my second one. Totaled the first one. Lowsided into a guard rail:( Will be painting it now though. Looped it doing a wheelie:eek: Thinking of painting it all satin black and putting the 03 flames on it. Will post some pics when its done.

Later

·
Registered
6 Posts
I choose the R1 although I have been riding my 01-R6 in the Ozark curves since the day I bought her new. I have no complaints. R6 has giving me every thing I asked for and more. However wanted to see how the black / red R1 feels and handles. Ask me again at the end of the summer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
R6

I GOT A 03 R6 BLACK AND RED ITS MY FIRST SPORT BIKE AND I LOVE IT I WILL BE GETTING A R1 HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR, I AM HOOKED ON SPORT BIKES NOW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey

Hi everyone, Proud to say I just joined the R6 crew :) Just purchased my 99 R6 this week! Can't wait to get out riding! Have a great weekend! It's beautiful riding weather out there!! :cool:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have the '03 R6. Why? Cause it's the absolute best 600 sportbike on the market right now. Hands down. The '03 won every magazines shootout.. You can't beat that.

Not to mention, that the price of such a high performance machine is really absurd. List price on mine was $8099. I paid less than that.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts