• Would like to own '03 R6

Votes: 54 22.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I ride the R6.

I found that this bike had the looks and handling that I desired. The bike is light weight and agile. It rides like it is on a rail.

This bike keeps up with my abilities and lets me know there is more out there. I have yet to find this bikes turning limits. I have tried and tried again; the tailpipe keeps draggin'

The only ride that could replace my '99 is a 2003!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi There! :)

I have an R1 and a R6 race bike...I love them both! The R6 is a little lighter than the R1 which makes it easier for me to handle on the track especially in the corners. ;)

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
a56kuser said:
sheesh i feel like a minority :hurl: :crying: :crying:
i know the feeling....

if i were bike shopping today, i'd buy an r6. when i bought my gsxr, r1 availability and difficult passenger seating made me non-r1 compliant. but as i've gotten faster, i've realized that an r6 would probably be about the limit of what i'd want in a streetbike.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I have an R1, I am 5'9" tall and weigh about 230ish lbs. I am used to V-Twins, and love the low end grunt of my R1, and kinda need the extra upper end power to move my big arse around....I would buy my R1 all over again....I love that bike.....

·
Registered
627 Posts
2000 R6 jetted with Micron slip-on. I've never regretted buying this bike. Although it's big brother has more top end the R6 is amazing on the twisty roads. In the 2 years & 18,000 miles I've had this bike I can count on one hand the number of times I ran it to it's top speed. My favorite roads just aren't the kind where you can hit 6th gear top speed on. Mostly 2nd, 3rd & 4th gear riding.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I bought a 2002 R6 last nov. I put about 600 street miles on it, took it in for the 600mi inspection.

I then put on Air-tech racing bodywork, SSlines front, Scotts damper, Traxxion Dynamics forks mods, Penske shock, rearsets 520 chain conversion, 51 tooth rear sprocket, STOCK motor and muffler.

It now has about 1,800 mi and has not been on the street since.The rest is track days or CCS races. The bike has never missed a beat.

I will race it next season and then get a 04 R6.

Highly recommended:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ride an 00 R6 and I love the bike. However, I wish it had more power. The R6 was a very good bike as it came stock but there are so many aftermarket parts for it that it is very hard NOT to buy stuff for your toy.

The R6 was faster on the track than my R1 so I decided to make that my main Sunday ride of choice.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have an 01 R6 with Micron exahaust and all the cosmetic goodies. I LOVE my bike, but I see the Black 03 R1 in my garage next winter. :D My R6 is an awesome twisty scratcher the only thing I would do to it if I were to keep it would be put on a damper and do the 520 conversion with a 3 tooth up rear and one tooth down front. I never saw top speed enough to keep the stock gearing. Granted I would miss being able to go (indicated) 172. :D VYPIR, do you still have the stock pipe on your bike? I can't even imagine touching my pipe down I've ground the peg down more than a couple times and it feels like I'm at almost 90 degrees of lean. :eek: And that doesn't even seem like it would be close to my pipe. Anyway, being as I'm getting back into dirtbikes I don't need the streetbike to give me my adrenaline buzz anymore so I now think the R1 would suit me better. Less work to go fast and much easier to wheelie. ;) Plus that black is BADASS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just looked at a R-6, and that's all the power I'll probably ever want to tool around on the twisty mountain roads. Hopefully, by Friday I'll take home the black 2003 thats in the showroom.

·
Registered
41 Posts
WOOOHOOO!
I got credit! I'll have the new black scheme with the red flames this week. I'll be broke for the next 6 months as I try to pay it off before the 6 month 0% interest goes away, but it will be worth it!
Later
Gabe

·
Registered
75 Posts
If everything goes as planned I'll have my new R1 this Friday.
I've got the YZF 600R right now. So, I really didn't want another
600. Plus I live in South Central Florida and the roads for the
most part are straight as an arrow. The R1 makes a much better
highway bike. It may not be as nimble as the R6 in the turns and
we do have a few good curves down here, but it will still eat
them up as the R6 would.:drool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:
I had an R6, have an R1 now. If I had my choice it would 2003 R6 track bike and I'd keep the R1 as a street machine.
I agree in that I would have a 600 for the track. I love my R1 but have to admit that a Honda F4i that I have access to is easier to throw around the curves.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts