Sportbike World banner

What's the fastest you've been on your bike on a public road?

• Under 60mph

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 60-80mph

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • 101-120mph

Votes: 47 13.7%
  • 121-140mph

Votes: 91 26.6%
  • 141-160mph

Votes: 87 25.4%
  • 161-180mph

Votes: 70 20.5%
  • 181-200mph

Votes: 20 5.8%
  • 201mph +

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was on a famous stretch of highway
here in Jersey doing 'bout 150 - 155
mph...... needless to say I don't need to
do that again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hit 125 and the bike shut down (89 Can-o-tuna) while trying to chase my buddy down who hit 180 on his 900RR these were nice sweeping roads down by the Missisippi In MN on his 900RR I hit 145 around a sweeping curve thats it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
YZFr6-TX said:
140 mph. On a private piece of road in the country though... I do not see how anybody can get any vehicle up to a speed that fast on a public road and not hit somebody or drive off a 40% turn in the highway. In Houston by the time you get to 125 mph you have to hit the brakes to make the turn, or get around someone.
you must have never visited LA then.. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
i was feelin brave 2day and hit the limiter. last time i looked at the speedo it was pegged(185). not sure if the speedo was correct but going that fast didnt scare me...it was slowing down.
i plan on gettin a TRE in the future to elliminate the speed limiter but i dont think i have the testicular fortitude to go any faster. :eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Given the multiple calculations involving the fact that the surface of the earth is rotating around the center of the earth at about 1000 miles per hour and the earth is traveling around the sun and the sun around the milkyway and the milkyway around the universe, I can not answer this question.

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK, for real. I hit about 130 on my old VFR. I had the balls to go faster but the 68 Camaro started to pull on me and my bike had little left. But you guys with the 170 plus...! Are you kidding? Where in God's name are you doing this? Aren't you afraid of going to jail for like 200 years? I don't know what to say... wow.

·
Registered
741 Posts
The fastest was almost 170(indicated) with the ZX-6R. Couldn't tell ya how fast it really was, though!
HERE is a vid of it to 160. Here's a screenshot of it:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Joe,

Here's something funny. I had checked out your RHC site from when I was a Mustang forum nut over a year ago. So I've seen you around from the Mustang world.

I don't have a bike yet, but hopefully can buy a ZX-9 in 2005. Btw, I have a 96 Mustang with a headswap and other work that puts out about 305 hp at the flywheel. One day coming home from Flagstaff I gave it a go and hit over 160 mph. The speedo was past what would have been 170 (it was about a 1% downhill grade), but I'll throw in a little speedo error even though I've corrected the 'stock' speedo error and verified via a GPS device that it's dead on at 70 mph.

I'll tell ya, that was fun in a car - I can't imagine how much more fun it is on a bike. And my car was plenty stable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Top speed

02 Gixxer 1000.
185mph with my girlfriend on the back. Straight road.
198 alone and the bike would shut down.
With my friends Gixxer1K I saw 212. The bike still had about 2 1/2 grand to go. Some mods, power commander, full exaust, and I don't know what else. But now I stck with the R6 and I I got 173 out of my 03 with stock sprockets, full yosh. exaust and a remap. Why keep the stock sprockets? Love its performance 50-120 range were I do most of my rideing. If anyone is undecided on a new bike...I have owned Gixxer 750, 1000, Cbr F4, 929,
ZX6R, and two R6s waiting on the 3rd to deleiver in Feb.

I love the R6, had an 02 and 03. I have ridden many other bikes and while many were great in one way or another the R6 is by far the best all around supersport out there. I give the ZX6R a fair second after 03. But yes if you want to crash at blinding top speeds get Gixxer 1k or a Busa.:squid:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts