Sportbike World banner

What's the fastest you've been on your bike on a public road?

• Under 60mph

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 60-80mph

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • 101-120mph

Votes: 47 13.7%
  • 121-140mph

Votes: 91 26.6%
  • 141-160mph

Votes: 87 25.4%
  • 161-180mph

Votes: 70 20.5%
  • 181-200mph

Votes: 20 5.8%
  • 201mph +

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hit 138 trying to keep away from some a$$hole who thought it would be funny to tailgate/chase me. The bastard scared the crap out of me, so I left him. I normally don't speed like that, but I do cruise around 90-100 normally.

Hey funksouljon, I think that that you're thinking of Capital Raceway. It is also close to Annapolis, I haven't been there in so long, so I don't know if your description is correct.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Two speeding tix in the last 6 weeks (total = $600) have left my wings clipped for a while. No flying around for me in the near future. :crying:

·
Registered
591 Posts
I once hit 71mph in a 70mph zone ('course, being a Kawasaki I had to do it downhill and with a tailwind), but I felt so bad about it later, I turned myself in...:eek:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
175 indicated on 954rr on parkway east heading towards downtown pittsburgh pa VEry Wide sweepers 110 mile turns it was fun...seemed as if it had a little more...175 at 9500r's

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
170 plus-High altitude is a bitch:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
where's the 80-100 category? OK, I'm new, I'm still a little (lot)chicken... I would be doing fine if 1) I didn't look down at the speedo and 2) I didn't know that there was a lot of cops with free time on the hands...

·
Registered
60 Posts
an honest 163 on a geared up FZR 1000 measured by a Sigma computer, it took a little over three miles to get it to top speed were it would gain no more,, the trip to 150 was quick the last 13 miles an hour gained pretty slow, I don't know if it is a lack of horse power trying to over come wind and road resistance or what... I figure up to 135 you can do with out really working to hard, after that you better be really paying attention

·
Registered
93 Posts
Need for Speed!

Gunned on the French Autostrada South of France on Hotted ZX12R 02 model at 324 kmh hitting the rev limiter in top gear lucky the road was 3 lanes wide as it took all three lanes to make the turns.
A piece of advise resist the urge to turn your head and see if your mate is still following :D at this speed its like riding through a tunnel.
Took very little time to reach this speed and held it for about 30kms on the motorway, one mistake at this speed and its all over.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Found a good hill and wound the ZX-6R to red line (14,500) the speedo said I was doing 280 Km/h ( 175 mph ) but who knows how accurate it is. Once I toped it out I ran out of gas

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
the fastest i've ever done was about 95 and that was while splitting cars and with a plugged tire...but where would i put it:huh:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Speed runs

Best ever was 179 indicated on my ZX-11 (@ 5000ft altitude no less) on an open desert highway in New Mexico. Still had some more left, but had to back off when encountering a crosswind.

Can't even count the times the speedo's seen 150+.

How about another twist to the speed question: What's the most flagrant disregard for the posted speed you've done?

I'll start: 160 in a 35 zone. (No, this was NOT in a residential area!- arrow straight rode on top of a dam)

·
Registered
627 Posts
In 3 years I've ran my bike past 160 mph 3 times, the fastest was 167 indicated. Like most sportbike riders I'm more inclined to try & get faster in the corners than maxing the speedo although that is fun too as an occasional thrill. Plus there is those bragging rights;) when people ask you how fast you can go.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I was doing 65-70 on the interstate and didn't want to hangout in this trucker's blind spot. So, I cranked down on the throttle of my Ninja ZX-6 to get passed him and when I glanced down I was doing 110. God, what a rush!

·
Registered
699 Posts
140 mph. On a private piece of road in the country though... I do not see how anybody can get any vehicle up to a speed that fast on a public road and not hit somebody or drive off a 40% turn in the highway. In Houston by the time you get to 125 mph you have to hit the brakes to make the turn, or get around someone.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts