Sportbike World banner

What's the fastest you've been on your bike on a public road?

• Under 60mph

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 60-80mph

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • 101-120mph

Votes: 47 13.7%
  • 121-140mph

Votes: 91 26.6%
  • 141-160mph

Votes: 87 25.4%
  • 161-180mph

Votes: 70 20.5%
  • 181-200mph

Votes: 20 5.8%
  • 201mph +

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I have never been over the indicated speed limit.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Speed..

Thanx for posting my suggestion.

I pulled my buddy's stock Hayabusa to 205mph! So I figured that if that were to be corrected it would be about 196 or 197mph. So I voted 181-200mph. As far as my bikes go...my TLR pulled to 175mph. I've had my 748 indicate 165mph which I figure is about 158mph corrected.

I gotta buddy that just got his ZX-12 back from some racing company up north and it dynoed at 178.6hp at the rearwheel. He tried to top it out and couldn't.....he said he saw it on 220mph!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Speed..

HUS said:
Thanx for posting my suggestion.
Dream on man, Stop trying to steal my idea ... Ok ?

Sorry I forgot to mention it ..

·
Registered
653 Posts
176 indicated on a 98 GSX-R 750 is it for me. For anyone familiar with the area, it was heading out to Maryland International Raceway, a drag strip near the North VA, DC, MD area. Right before you get to the track there is this road with wide sweepers, ie 150+ mile an hour turns, that wide.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My zx9 speedo said 160 but we all know that it is too fat slow and ugly to do that :D .Seriously it had alot more to go but I got scared and let off it was on I-55 heading for Sardis Miss.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Instead of speculating how optimistic the stock speedometer is I just voted according to indicated speed. 190 on the XX and still pulling but I couldn't see over a rise so I backed off.

Now where's that thread about cops monitoring web sites? Honest officer, I was lying. I made it all up. :D;)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I hit 151 on the F2's speedo and a very optomistic 148mph on the 900SS.

Rob, that drag strip is near Annapolis (within @30 min?). Its there a hill to the staging area and then you turn left to get to the drag strip? And the venders are all to the left?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey Funksoul, MIR is about 30 minutes from Annapolis, but your description doesn't sound like MIR at all. Unless you are talking about with your back to the end of the strip, then yes, the food and stuff is to the left, and if you are standing at the concessions with your face to it, the Sunnoco gas pumps were back and to the right. There was no hill that I recall, to the staging. You went around the back of the grandstands, and it looped around, and then you pulled up to the staging. To the left when at the tree was a fence running along the outside of the dragstrip wall, and on the other side of the fence, some stands, and mostly trees.

·
Registered
27 Posts
speedo said 145, GPS said 139 on RT 8. Ran out of straight road. :(

1 - 20 of 55 Posts