Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know those schools advertised in the mags that say you can stay at home and learn to be an ATV or motorcycle tech...or something?? And you get a set of Craftsman tools to boot....just wondering if they're for real etc. I'd like to learn how to work on engines more and the local College doesn't offer anything that would teach me..any info would help...Thanks, Drew

------------------
Hamburgers. The
cornerstone of any
nutritious breakfast.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
my friend bought the ics course. he said it was a waste of time.

if you don't have real bills to pay, most shops will give you a job (with crappy pay) channging oil and such and build you up themselves.

the only other person i know went to a school (ami), now owns a lawn business.

good luck/

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
You don't get the tools up front like they lead you to believe. I checked into that one that promises Craftsman tools. I was wanting to do it just for kicks. The racing team filled the bill though. ;)

As for MMI and AMI, most of the top tuners/mechanics that I have dealt with in the Sportbike racing/performance arena have graduated from one or the other. They are highly recommended by the racing folks as a place to start. :cool:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think Pete has had some type of mail order instructional thing....something about his "pee-pee" and making it "grow" :D

------------------

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Netshark:
I think Pete has had some type of mail order instructional thing....something about his "pee-pee" and making it "grow" :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
Netshark, that was just TOO good!! ROFLMAO!!!

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that,
deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Netshark:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO!!! That reminds me of a hilarious Navy story. I'll tell it later. :D :D :D

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are we gonna get back on that whole pee-pee thing again?? Ohh well. :cool:

------------------
If ya smmmmeeeeeellll what The Rock, is cookin'??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts