Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions about getting an M class license that werent answered on the Nevada DMV website.

I have lived in Las Vegas all my life but noone I know rides or has any interest in riding, so it's hard to get any information or instruction that I need.

Do I need to bring my own bike to the skills test or do they supply those?

Also was the Skills test difficult for someone who has very little experience. I really wanted to sign up for the MSF classes but they were unable to tell me when the earliest class would be offered at any of the CCSN campuses.

The last question I have is if anyone knows of a different way besides MSF instruction classes to learn on a learners permit please let me know.

Ok Im done, hope these questions haven't been already answered I did a couple searches and came up with nothing useful.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have to bring you bike to the skills test they do not have any to supply you.

The Skills test is not to hard you just have to practice a few times before you go take the test. Here is the link to the test

Standard test link

The best way to learn is to practice practice and practice.

There are a couple of active fourms with good articles about new riders here

Sportbikes.net Vegas fourm

and Sincity Sportbikes

My wife just took the test and got her M on the license so if you have any questions let me know

·
Registered
250 Posts
The best way to do it is through MSF. Take the class, lots of insurance companies give you a discount plus once you have that paper saying you passed all you do is go get an new license. Up here in Reno many people fail the DMV test for some reason.

·
Registered
41 Posts
vigis said:
The best way to do it is through MSF. Take the class, lots of insurance companies give you a discount plus once you have that paper saying you passed all you do is go get an new license. Up here in Reno many people fail the DMV test for some reason.
I agree. I took the MSF course and walked right into the DMV and got my endorsment. It will probably teach you some stuff you didn't know at the same time. It's only 2 1/2 days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts