Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, but that's kind of funny.

Nothing that I have not seen before, but still, to hit an entire big old truck like that. It is not like they are invisible.

If not drugs or drink related, then one would have to guess sleep depravation.

Shows that one should only be riding when they are 100% as it can be dangerous.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
fasterbusa said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, but that's kind of funny.

Nothing that I have not seen before, but still, to hit an entire big old truck like that. It is not like they are invisible.
Exactly. What are the chances of him doing the posted speed limit, and the truck fell outta the sky like an anvil in a Coyote and Road-runner cartoon?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
BTW, ........the law says we are to be in control of our vehicles at all times, regardless of conditions. THat means drive slow enough for nighttime, snow, rain, or when playing frogger with big-white trucks. I'll bet its a 99% chance that it wasn't hte trucks fault. The 1% being a case like Wayne....

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
120 at the time of impact? Assuming he actually saw the truck (and I'm having a hard time believing anyone can miss it) that means he either freaking out and never touched his brakes, or he was going much faster just a second or so before.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
It's not a question of FAULT.....we can probably safely assume that the rider was riding fast in the dark and didn't see the truck. I know someone (you know who you are!) who was riding a wheelie in the dark and the road turned from pavement to gravel and he didn't realize it until a mile later!

We all (99% of us) do stupid shit on bikes and most times we are LUCKY not to get caught or hurt. This time, this guy wasn't so lucky....but I don't think it's something to laugh about. Maybe it could be used more as a wake up call to those of us who have been very lucky in the past. :2cents: Maybe I'm taking this too seriously? I just don't think death is funny I guess.

Jen

·
Registered
732 Posts
It's possible that he was starting to move over to pass the truck but misjudged his rate of closure and was possibly affected by the buffeting and draft of the truck.
We don't know, he may have been coming over a crest in the road. He was in a racers tuck which limits forward visibility and may have been looking at his speedo or somethng for a split second. :confused:
Sad he paid the ultimate price for an adrenalin rush.

Funny in that he looks like one of those stuffed toys people leave hanging out of their trunk or hood of the their car.

mb.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Alcohol, narcotics, speed, rider error, doesn't much matter. All I know is you gotta be going a clip to hurt that door at that point because there is a giant roller there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
atleast it's good to know his icon jacket held up.I see people like that alllllllllllll the time on my job, it's still fucked up, but people need to have some common sense when riding

1 - 12 of 12 Posts