Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of buying a dirt bike to play with this summer. im thinking a honda xr 650r. Are there any places around here for trail riding off road etc... i'm still trying to decide since i have to explain that and a new r1 to her :mad: if she can buy a 600 dollar purse i sure as hell getting a dirt bike :D

WAR 600 dollar PURSES

P.S glad the site is back up :D

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
bro...a man in your position should just go get it..I mean the price of a dirtbike is petty :twofinger

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
you shouldn't have to explain anything.. you work .. you earn your money.. you deserve the right to spend your money your way :D and that goes for me as well :twofinger

E.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shit is 6000 for the bike. thats what 10 purses :D i'll probably do it while i still got my money :D she'd be soooooo pissed to come home and see it in the garage. look hun it came with a "prada" leather pouch for the tools :twofinger

·
Registered
845 Posts
FastFreddie said:
im thinking of buying a dirt bike to play with this summer. im thinking a honda xr 650r. Are there any places around here for trail riding off road etc... i'm still trying to decide since i have to explain that and a new r1 to her :mad: if she can buy a 600 dollar purse i sure as hell getting a dirt bike :D

WAR 600 dollar PURSES

P.S glad the site is back up :D
I take my son to the Genesee County Mounds...last year it was about $9 a day or $50 for a season pass....
From Redford, MI area take 96W to 23N to 75N, exit at Mt Morris Rd, right turn onto Mt Morris Rd, stay on that road for a few miles. the Mounds are approx 1/2 mi past Genesee Rd (maybe Genesee County Rd, can't remember) it's on the left side. Of course you gotta have an ORV sticker and if the exhaust is louder than something like 94 decibles they won't let you ride. Have fun!!!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Re: Re: dirt bike yes or no

GixxerChris said:
I take my son to the Genesee County Mounds...last year it was about $9 a day or $50 for a season pass....
From Redford, MI area take 96W to 23N to 75N, exit at Mt Morris Rd, right turn onto Mt Morris Rd, stay on that road for a few miles. the Mounds are approx 1/2 mi past Genesee Rd (maybe Genesee County Rd, can't remember) it's on the left side. Of course you gotta have an ORV sticker and if the exhaust is louder than something like 94 decibles they won't let you ride. Have fun!!!

I used to ride here years ago before they were charging. Its a great place, a little bit of everything, a big oval, good dragracing straight away, nice banked area I called the rollercoaster, and a sandy area with whoops. But that was a while ago, it may have changed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dude the purse is not even leather. its some sort of cloth material or something like that. Its weird. I honestly could not and still cannot tell the difference between that purse and a 5 dollar purse :rolleyes: shit nobody can tell the difference. :mad:

if i go broke shes got a nice purse for us to move into :finger:

·
Registered
427 Posts
FastFreddie said:
dude the purse is not even leather. its some sort of cloth material or something like that. Its weird. I honestly could not and still cannot tell the difference between that purse and a 5 dollar purse :rolleyes: shit nobody can tell the difference. :mad:
I could tell the difference.........and its' actually probably better that she got "cloth" and not leather, the "cloth" is easier to take care of.

FastFreddie said:
if i go broke shes got a nice purse for us to move into :finger:
Hmmmmmmm, funny isn't it a man's philosophy that
You Can Live In Your Race Car But You Can't Race Your House? This of course is failing to mention that toys need expensive maintenance and they depreciate quicker than just about anything else. That purse will be worth at least $300 if she were to throw it up on ebay. And one final note, you won't have to worry about going broke if you don't spend your money on silly things like dirt bikes. :twofinger

OPP - Just say YES DEAR, and agree with what I just said, OR ELSE! :twofinger

:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
FastFreddie said:
im thinking of buying a dirt bike to play with this summer. im thinking a honda xr 650r.
thats awful big for a dirt bike and i can imagine it'd be pretty heavy. i'd go for one a tad smaller but i'd still buy one.

can her purse at least carry a six pack with some ice?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
monkey i've done a little research on them and the xr is 20 to 30 lbs heavier than the 400/450s. However, its alot more powerful than the rest of them with more torque throughout the band. I'm gonna have to go to the dealer and sit on them just to make sure. Anyone out here looking for a trail riding / offroad buddy. I'm gonna be available this summer.

BTW i did call her after i got fired up last night and told her im buying one thats it. She said if thats what i want :thumb: I think shes more scared of me breaking my neck than anything else.

Jeni the only way that purse is gonan fetch 300 bucks on eBay is if i put 300 dollars in it :twofinger and its still lost half its value. Either way i was not banking on its resedual value as being its return on investment :twofinger

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
whats wrong with the 426F from Yamaha?

·
Registered
427 Posts
FastFreddie said:
BTW i did call her after i got fired up last night and told her im buying one thats it. She said if thats what i want :thumb: I think shes more scared of me breaking my neck than anything else.
Scared you're going to break your neck? Or hopeful so that she can get the life insurance check and go buy more Pradas? ;)

FastFreddie said:
Jeni the only way that purse is gonan fetch 300 bucks on eBay is if i put 300 dollars in it :twofinger and its still lost half its value. Either way i was not banking on its resedual value as being its return on investment :twofinger
:rolleyes: You know nothing about women's fashion

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anyone knows the pros and cons of 2 stroke versus 4 stroke? It seems like the sales people i talk to prefer 2 stroke.

Jeni you are right i do not know alot about women's fashion :( i just know how much it costs :eek:

·
Registered
427 Posts
FastFreddie said:
Jeni you are right i do not know alot about women's fashion :( i just know how much it costs :eek:
Well, you can't be mad at the cost until you know the value! :twofinger

Ask OPP, he can give you the lowdown on women's fashion.......that or get a subscription to Cosmo! :D

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
FastFreddie said:
anyone knows the pros and cons of 2 stroke versus 4 stroke? It seems like the sales people i talk to prefer 2 stroke.

Well traditionally the two strokes have a much better power band, but the 4 strokes are catching up. They allow the 4 strokes, although higher displacement ones to run in AMA. The 4 stroke bikes also require a bit more to maintain them than the 4's. I personally prefer riding the 2's but owning the 4's for these reasons. :D I myself am considering getting an offroad bike soon, so if you need someone to ride with let me know. I know quite a few guys who trail or track ride their dirtbikes, and there are some places more locally to ride too. I still need to find out how to get on the dirt track out at Gratten, as that would make a really fun weekend.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts