Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have an 05 R1 but have been wondering about the new 06s and am just wondering if anyone can tell me if theres any real diffrances between the 06s and 05s. i know that they changed the R6s in 06 but have they done anything with the R1s?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an '06 R1 but don't really know. I haven't been able to ride the damned thing much because it always seems to be raining here in New England....may be this weekend?:cool: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only differences that I know of is the swingarm is 20mm longer for better handling and shorter valve guides for more horsepower. Also i noticied on Yamahas specs comparison the the fuel tank on an 06 is .10 smaller than an 05. Not really much of a change but thats all I have read about. I just bought an 06 R1 also and am having the same problem with the rain. but when i do ride it I love it there is no words to describe it. Hope it was a help kawasaga.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i read a lot before a purchased mine in 05 brand new and then i ck all info in 06's but all R1's from 04 to 06 are pretty much the same thing in everything if you allready have an R1 and like the ride just do what i did customize:thumbs2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The R1 calipers are radial,so I see problems from the start.Perhaps the intention was to change the forks and calipers.I'd be curious to know myself.The only differences that I know of is the swingarm is 20mm longer for better handling and shorter valve guides for more horsepower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts