Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a 2003 yzf600 and i was wondering how similar the yzf600 and the r6s are parts wise.

as far as i can tell, the frame is the same, so i would think i could get an r6 tail installed with minimal effort. correct?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It looks like the mounting holes are different for were the side cover connects to the frame on the the 600R and the R6. It wouldn't be easy, and probably wouldn't look right if you could get it to fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn. Well I really appriciate your help on the subject.

Is there anything I could feasably do to get my bike to look more like a one seater?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Put a seat cowl on it. It replaces the back seat.

Edit- Just noticed you have a two in one seat. The only thing I can think of would be an aftermarket seat (like a corbin or something) and then a seat cowl for the back or something. I'll let you know if I find something.

·
Registered
980 Posts
http://www.yzf600r.com/ has lots of info on mods and stuff you can do to it. Its a great bike you got. I think the only thing you will be able to do is get a seat cowl if they make one for our bike, and if they dont, I know they make multi colourd seats, the back seat blends with the other paint on the bike, its pretty cool. BTW, good choice on bike ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts