Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
So some chap lifts up a LIGHT metal container & partially falls in though the metal edge comes down to where it must have hurt his wrist. Not a manhole cover for those things are darn heavy & I speak with experience.

Then we have some chap with a red bag or cloth & facing off some guy with a cane or stick or something----like I do not catch onto two incidents with one being on the sidewalk & the other in the road & no fear of cages----like I really do not get it!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Smitty said:
So some chap lifts up a LIGHT metal container & partially falls in though the metal edge comes down to where it must have hurt his wrist. Not a manhole cover for those things are darn heavy & I speak with experience.

Yeah of that was a manhole cover, that guy's a fuc*ing beast just for lifting it.

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
To thin in metal, not heavy cast iron, with three-four holes to put the pick axe into & there is no way you can pick up a true manhole cover from the sides UNLESS the ones in the States are different. Besides true man-hole covers are made to stand the weight of the most heavy of vehicles. One uses the pick axe to free it from road, to let it drop & pick-axe in again to DRAG it away from the hole or drag it back in again. I spent 3 or 4 years dealing with man-hole & other covers.

The side-walk covers are about 1/3 thickness, of sheet steel, or even ligher with some that have one or two grab bars that can be brought up so a simple one man operation with no sweat of WCCB bitching that the worker is picking up to much weight.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Smitty said:
To thin in metal, not heavy cast iron, with three-four holes to put the pick axe into & there is no way you can pick up a true manhole cover from the sides UNLESS the ones in the States are different. Besides true man-hole covers are made to stand the weight of the most heavy of vehicles. One uses the pick axe to free it from road, to let it drop & pick-axe in again to DRAG it away from the hole or drag it back in again. I spent 3 or 4 years dealing with man-hole & other covers.

The side-walk covers are about 1/3 thickness, of sheet steel, or even ligher with some that have one or two grab bars that can be brought up so a simple one man operation with no sweat of WCCB bitching that the worker is picking up to much weight.
Definately a sidewalk cover. Looked like he planned on thumping someone over the head with it. But, proved he was a retard not only by his choice of weapon but also by falling in the hole!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The deadly thing about racing be it dirt of pavement when you come to the first corner there is all 'ell to pay & trying to get through it without going down, yet still being with the top 4 or 5 is when you often go down so there is the challenge of racing bar Observed Trials where each rider is given a number & rides the section until finished & the next best to that is the Isle of Man TT of where each rider takes off upon the okay of the clerk or whoever is giving the rider the three, two, one & go.

Like in speedskating in North American style it is a mass start while Olympics just two & in their own starting line.

Probably other sports are the same or a mass glob with latter being the most dangerous-------still have to give that riider some points to his dancing around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts