Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought some plastic care products and they suck, they did not work for me

the white bottle i used for the windshield, so it will be clear as glass, no go. It left little bumps, like little dots everywhere some type of hard material. its like when your trying to clean your computer screen, and you have to scratch with your nail to remove whatever. And I cant seem to remove them, nail or not. Shit product.

the green bottle I tried to remove some scratches on the seat cowl, no go. The bottle let out the compound uncontrollably, a real mess. As far as working, It looked like it DULLED my plastics.

I gave several coats & trials with no noticable differences; both windshield and the seat cowl looked better before.

Is it my technique? . . . bad rags/applicators pads?

Im posting this b/c in looking for some good products

thx

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone ! :wtf:

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
My bike's a flat paint so I haven't tried this on my bike, but the wife's car looks great after applying Zaino (avail online only). It did remove/hide some of the fine scratches but other are going to require some special rubbing compounds. Offhand I don't recall them but there were quite a few threads on the subject with steps included. I'd probably search for "fine scratch compound" in the Detailing forum. Good luck :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts