Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use denim material pants for daily riding?

Also, if you crash onto the CE rated protectors in the pants, do they need replacement?

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
I wear jeans in normal riding, but they can shred if you wreck.

CE armor is made to crush during impact, so if you land on any piece of armor, it is best to replace it after a wreck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking Denim pants "made for riding" are a little bit better than regular cotton pants.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
You're talking about Draggin Jeans; they're kevlar-lined.

In a crash, you'll most likely find that the denim will tear*, requiring you to replace the pants afterwards. But, hey, if they save your skin once, they've done their job.

* Depending on the nature of the accident.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
my dad crashed at 100 in Levis and they looked like someone ripped them vertically into 1 inch strips, he was practically naked .....good news ,the waist line was intact(sarcasm) ....his helmet was ground flat on one side...they clean the road rash with a wire brush ,at least at the Catholic hospital they took him to :p

I wear jeans all the time, but if it was socially acceptable I would wear leather
I catch enough hell for wearing my helmet ,jacket , and gloves

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
...I wear jeans all the time, but if it was socially acceptable I would wear leather
Giving in to peer pressure at your age? Tell 'em all to fark off and live their own lives.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
lol...but theres so many naked cruiser peeps in shorts and tank tops.. we'll have like 15 bikes and 2 helmets, me and my nephew

I guess Im just a puss mate ...but they say " you are what you eat " ;):eyebrows:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
I wear jeans all the time, but if it was socially acceptable I would wear leather
Most of the people I ride with wear Helmet, jacket and gloves. One guy wears the Icon denims, but he doesn't ride much. I don't like riding with people who don't wear at least a helmet. If they have that much disregard for their own life, they sure as hell don't value mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got a pair of the kevlar lined Teknic jeans and they are better than just plain jeans,but they are not really solid feeling like i expected. I broke down and ordered some Coretec leather riding pants this week,hope they feel more substancial.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts