Sportbike World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i got owned like no other last night trying to break my old chain in preperation for my new goodies getting here. i broke nate dogs chain break tool's push pins for the rivits, faked up both bolt things. one of the rivit removal push pins is now taking place of the rivit i removed.
yeah yeah, go ahead and laugh it up. i got owned by my chain, broke my fellow riders chain break tool, busted my knucle pretty good and faked up my elbow in the process.

thanks to nick, he is going to lend me his heavy duty chain break tool on saturday. and i promise NOT to break this one. Nick, im going to drop off my race wheels so you guys can remount my tires. thanks see ya saturday morning.

here is a pic of my ownage

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why does your chain have rust? Sh*t, now I have to go to my cold garage to make sure mine isn't rusted...
its not rust. it wipes off with a towel.

and thanks eric for the support over the phone.

demonRR 0
chain 1

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DUDE!!! :eek::jawdrop::twofinger:twofinger I thought he could handle it or I would have gladly helped. :dunno:
i told ya man. wait till i post the pic. no one beleived me untill i posted pic on my other site. ill swing by your work tomorrow. let me know what i owe ya for replacement parts. 3 pins, and both bolt things that go in the C clamp.

·
Banned
93 Posts
ok, i got owned like no other last night trying to break my old chain in preperation for my new goodies getting here. i broke nate dogs chain break tool's push pins for the rivits, faked up both bolt things. one of the rivit removal push pins is now taking place of the rivit i removed.
yeah yeah, go ahead and laugh it up. i got owned by my chain, broke my fellow riders chain break tool, busted my knucle pretty good and faked up my elbow in the process.

thanks to nick, he is going to lend me his heavy duty chain break tool on saturday. and i promise NOT to break this one. Nick, im going to drop off my race wheels so you guys can remount my tires. thanks see ya saturday morning.

here is a pic of my ownage

This is the very reason I use a cutting wheel on a 4 1/2" grinder.

·
Registered
443 Posts
This is the very reason I use a cutting wheel on a 4 1/2" grinder.
I dont think we was intending to destroy his chain... just break it to put his new hardware and then remount it...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont think we was intending to destroy his chain... just break it to put his new hardware and then remount it...
negative ghost rider. im putting on a new 520 kit wiht driven sprockets (16/44) and a did erv3 chain :D

my old chain and rear sprocket are being sold to a stunter.

·
Registered
443 Posts
negative ghost rider. im putting on a new 520 kit wiht driven sprockets (16/44) and a did erv3 chain :D

my old chain and rear sprocket are being sold to a stunter.

Ok.. but the point is still valid... you want the chain to be usable right??? :huh:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, it's a good thing you forgot I'd offered to have you borrow my chain riveter/breaker a while back! :)
nelson, i almost called you yesterday for some help before i started this fiasco(sp). what are ya doin saturday. lol

hey, little ot, but webb says you do fork rebuilds? i might be "upgrading" soon :D
might need your help if your willing and wanting.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. That stunter must be just starting out or he just sucks at it. Haha.
The stunta must have blown out his/her own sprocket and chain...

·
Registered
132 Posts
nelson, i almost called you yesterday for some help before i started this fiasco(sp). what are ya doin saturday. lol

hey, little ot, but webb says you do fork rebuilds? i might be "upgrading" soon :D
might need your help if your willing and wanting.
Saturday is bad for me, but any time Sunday or even tomorrow night is good. I'm always willing to help. If I haven't done that particular maintenance task before, I'll usually figure it out, but I know my limits too. Yeah, I can help out with the fork rebuild too. Should be fun!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i broke nate dogs chain break tool's push pins for the rivits, faked up both bolt things. one of the rivit removal push pins is now taking place of the rivit i removed.
Don't you mean you just F'd up your chain break tool, and it looks like NateDog will be getting a new one?

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
I have no idea how this thread went south, well I actually I do. I deleted all the banter, trying to keep this clean. Let's not get out of hand with the smart ass disruptive comments, and you know who you are....mmmmmm k?

Everyone is welcome to post here, just being disruptive is unwelcome. Capice?

Now, back to your regularly scheduled posting. :D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey 1ducks, i posted this thread for amusement purposes only. i posted it cause shit happens even to people who know what they are doing. i have done every mod on my bike (see sig) and have never ran into any problems, as i take pride in doing the work. i am not worried about breaking soemones tool, as i will gladly pay for what i broke. its not a big deal untill its made into a big deal. this is how a person learns, by trying things they have never done before.

again, i appreciate all your comments and pm's about this matter. if you have anything further to say, please post it up either in here, in the lounge, by pm, or ill give you my number and we can discuss it further.

thanks, and i now bring you back to your regulary scheduled program.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Crap, I missed more of the banter. I need to get my ass out of bed earlier:zzz: (edit: haha, I just went and read the banter, that was funny stuff. Hmmm, the majority of us have been riding for years some of us more than a decade well some of us race and or are going for our race license. Hmmm, and I just stripped and rebuilt my gsxr into a trackbike with my own hands. Interesting!!)

demon, you're a squid:loser::D;)

oh, I am in middle school and I have bad PMS so :ban:

ok, I'll shut up now, that is too funny. You guys are too serious.

p.s.-I like drama :D

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.