Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard just a small blurb on the news last night. Mostly, they were talking about the 70 yr old man who was killed by a train at 15 mile and Grossebeck.
But they mentioned that 3 people had died in MC this past wknd.

One of them was a motorcycle passenger who was killed when a deer popped out in the road.

Did anyone hear about this? Where it happened, when, who it was?

Very spooky, these deer/vehicle accidents lately.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I belive it was a man driving the bike and a woman passenger.. The passenger was killed when a deer jumped out in front of them on hall road somewhere near CJ Barrymores.. I havent seen anything else on how the guy was doing.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Ouch. Hall rd?
Gawd, Hall rd you can see deer minutes before they reach the road!
ah well, still bad karma. rip.

·
Registered
625 Posts
friend of a friend thing.....the guy was getting a divorce and had his girlfriend on the back...what a way for "her" to find out eh?...he's still in critical condition and she didnt make it....the impact split her helmet wide open...im gonna find out more tonight and maybe what helmet that was...as i know i'll post up

·
Registered
798 Posts
RSWarrior said:
friend of a friend thing.....the guy was getting a divorce and had his girlfriend on the back...what a way for "her" to find out eh?...he's still in critical condition and she didnt make it....the impact split her helmet wide open...im gonna find out more tonight and maybe what helmet that was...as i know i'll post up
I know there was one on Friday afternoon coming out of Stony Creek, it was also a fatality. Is this the same accident?

·
Registered
625 Posts
flip f4i pilot said:
I know there was one on Friday afternoon coming out of Stony Creek, it was also a fatality. Is this the same accident?

no, this one happened right on Hall Rd just before Barrymores

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yeah I've been spending alot of time out in the Pickney/Hell area and it is always in the front of my mind what I'd do. Hope the guy pulls through.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yeah, Lucky almost smacked a deer up by us a couple of weeks ago. He went 25mph the rest of the way home I don't think we'll be riding too much after dusk up here, too many critters that jump out at you.

We had a pretty good motorcycle accident up here a couple of weeks ago. Bike vs. Harley. The lady on the back actually jumped off the back of the bike before it low sided and she landed on her feet. The driver wasn't so lucky, busted his leg up in two spots, his pelvis, forearm, upper arm, and some ribs. He was hurting. It was a beautiful bike as well. The deer was fine, just ran off.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Every time I ride, I tell myself....
I live in the burbs/boonies where deer are populus....
Dawn and Dusk are most active.... and when am I in a rush, and fudge the speed limits the most?.....late for work, late comming home.:(
I do often slow down alot for heavy tree lined areas, and streams/lows, but still....
I suck at spotting deer along the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts