Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
not a Ramone's fan...so, not really devastating to me.

My prayer's are with his family, though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
:( Rip Dee Dee :(

Well, that's half of the original NYC Punk Band (Ok, one of them). I'm just glad I managed to see them in concert when I did.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The really sad thing is that no major U.S. newspaper reported the story. Even the New York Times didn't bother. I guess random rich little girls getting kidnapped is more meaningful than rare talent disappearing from the Earth.

·
Registered
860 Posts
it's sad to see someone so influential to music pass such as dee dee, and joey and even lane stanley. it's sad to me that no one cares unless it's a big name. R.I.P. Dee Dee. Joey and Lane, your contributions to music will never be forgotten by those who love and admire your work.

·
Registered
860 Posts
SilentNEKO said:
who were the ramones, were they famous?
the ramones were like the godfathers of punk music(sorry if i leave out some other good early punk groups). they are what blink 182 and many other wanna be main stream punk bands wannabe's wish to be.

·
Registered
517 Posts
lord tim said:
The really sad thing is that no major U.S. newspaper reported the story. Even the New York Times didn't bother. I guess random rich little girls getting kidnapped is more meaningful than rare talent disappearing from the Earth.
I would say missing children are more important than some washed up has-been who killed himself with drugs, regardless of the wealth of their parents.

The bummer is the Ramones were truly groundbreaking, but because of them, we get Blink f*&^ing 182 and all the other radio-friendly pop-punk crap. Punk rock would be better off without them. Where's the Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat and Black Flag when you need 'em, anyway?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts