Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to re-paint my Blackbird, ok actually my wife will be doing the painting, but I was hoping to find some different graphics/decals for it. I have checked out tapeworks.com, but is there any other places out there that you know of off-hand? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Kyle

------------------

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kyle,

Are you the same Kyle on Big Kahuna's? Well anyway. I think I read in previous posts that your wife did/does bodywork. Have her check with some of the companies that go to the body shops. If she does know any, call a few body shops. I know when I worked at the body shop, we had a company that would come in and could do just about anything (matching or making decals). When I redid my Gixxer(years back) I had all the lettering air-brushed and then clearcoated over the airbrushing (I prefer that over decals, it's a little more orignal). Anyway just my $.02. But I will let you know if I find anything.

------------------
-Erik
'98 900RR
Stage 1 Jets
D&D exhaust
Braided Brake lines
misc, cosmetics

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Erik. I have to be honest and say that I am really looking for idea's and color combo's as we already know several people that can actually make the decals for us. In the past, I liked the air brushing/clear coating as you mentioned, but now I kind of like changing the entire layout at least once a year if not more, so the decals make more sense in my particular application. By the way, I'm not the Kyle that you referred to, this is the first forum I've been on where there are so many Kyle's, even one with my initials! Thanks again for the ideas though,

Kyle

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Look in Denis Kirk catalogs.. There is a
company (Sticker Point, I think) that has
Factory Replica and Custom stickers.. 1000s
of them. I used them they are pretty good
quailty but I have to say I would clear
them in if you wife is willing to do that.
Just make sure she wipes them down with a
mild solvent first.. I'm sure she knows what
to do but if I can help I would be glad to.

Seriously Dennis Kirk - Sticker Point awesome
resourse for dressing up with a custom paint!

------------------
If the front wheel's in the air, Your front tire you will spare.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris, thanks for the suggestion- I noticed Dennis Kirk had quite a selection of decals. We weren't sure if we were going to clear over the new decals or not since if you go to change them anytime soon it requires you to sand down through the clear and then feather out the area before shooting more clear. This probably sounds dumb of me to ask, but you paint for a living? I have caught some of your pointer on how to buff scratches out so I'm guessing you do. My wife has been a painter for 7 years now and excuse me while I brag a little, she is probably one of, if not the best in the state. She is still trying to teach me the fine art of buffing and doing some real good with it as I'm sure you know, it doesn't take anytime to screw up a nice paint job by burning and edge or curve. Have you worked with DuPonts Chromallusion much? Thats what I'm thinking about going with, the jet black color. Thanks again for the help,

Kyle

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts