Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Gap this weekend. The new pavement is awesome except there is alot of gravel on the road in the turns. There were several hundred Miatas in the region though. Urbanites that can't drive digging out the ditches for the Park Services. When the gravel gets cleared out the road will be great. Hwy 28 south of Fontana dam has fairly new pavement that is pretty damn awesome too. The crap between the Gap and Fontana is the same though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How bad's this gravel? I'll be there on 8/9 and am more than a little concerned because I keep hearing about it. Is it enough to slide the tires, or just a nuisance to keep you at 40mph?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bob said:
How bad's this gravel? I'll be there on 8/9 and am more than a little concerned because I keep hearing about it. Is it enough to slide the tires, or just a nuisance to keep you at 40mph?
Pretty much just a nuisance. I still could keep a pretty good pace through there. It is very visable so it doesn't sneak up on you. One of the guys there that I was visiting with said it had improved quite a bit so apparently the stuff is slowly get pushed back off the road.

I guess we could all pitch in and buy one of those brush things like they use at the track. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm gonna be in the Cherokee and Deal's Gap area this Saturday. Anybody else gonna be there? I'll be on a Blue FZ1 with SC plates reading...
FZ1
hope to see some of you up there.
Eddie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts