1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
You guys deserve a damn cake! I applaud you guys for being so helpful. If I was the guy who wrecked, I'd be hugging you. BTW, KTM's are bad ass dual sports.

also, did you guys still need some flash website designer? I've contacted you guys a while back, but haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi plasticweld-

Cool video. Teach your friends to stay on the correct side of the double-yellow line because they could kill an innocent person coming the other way through a blind curve.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
892 Posts
ya nice vid, damn nice guys too, split in the middle of their day to not only help the rider but transport his broke bike to. Glad to see the guys in the twisties havent lost their heads...completely.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Cool video. Teach your friends to stay on the correct side of the double-yellow line because they could kill an innocent person coming the other way through a blind curve.
We don't pass in a single place where you can't see that it's safe to pass... Even my pass on that mini-van in the later half is a totaly safe pass... Through the trees I could see the next two corners. Lectures aren't needed here thankyou!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi LifesAStoppie-

You would have to spend a long time trying to convince me that the apex-diving pass around the motorhome at 1:42, followed by a dipping curve to the right allowed a vast and sufficient margin of safety?

The subsequent pass completed at 1:53 just before the curve with the approaching white sedan seemed to cut it close. The pass of the burgundy minivan at 3:27 seemed the safest of them all.

I wouldn't take my comments so much as a lecture as much as ones' rights to swing their fists ends where another person's nose starts if you've heard that expression. The simple fact-of-the-matter is that closing speeds are likely approaching 90 m.p.h. for two riders. It seems to me that would be putting innocent oncoming riders at risk.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
193 Posts
We're just all a little safety concious around here I suppose.

and I can see Blue Jays point, however It can be hard to have the same capacirty for judgement through a low res camera than through your own eyes.

Nice riding though, and very ncie production.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fantastic video, despite the unfortunate end to the riding day for somebody.

I had some great Cuban jazz (Gato Barbieri, Cubano Chant) playing on XMRadio Online while I watched. The smoothness of your riding synced up perfectly with the music. I actually didn't realize it was MY music, not yours until the video ended and the music kept playing.

Exhilerating. There are some roads like that around this way, though one stretch is 12 miles and the other only about five.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi DieSonne-

We're in 100% agreement because I considered the resolution of the camera and the one-dimensional view I was getting here at my monitor. Nothing gives perspective like being there live with boots-on-the-footpegs.

At the same time, one has to resist temptation because of the pain that can be caused to others by a brief lapse in judgement. It's annoying and all, but one should just wait for the slower traffic to pull to the side to let faster vehicles pass. Heck, why would they even allow a motorhome in a place like that?!

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
40 Posts
Blue Jays said:
apex-diving pass around the motorhome at 1:42, followed by a dipping curve to the right allowed a vast and sufficient margin of safety?
You can safely see that entire stretch of road on the bike and thats actualy one of the easiest places to pass on the entire Dragon... When bob passes on the R1 at the "apex" he has 100+ yards of visible road from his vantage point.
Blue Jays said:
The subsequent pass completed at 1:53 just before the curve with the approaching white sedan seemed to cut it close.
What kind of grandma are you, that wasn't even remotly close. I was back on my side of the lane LONG before the car was even near me. :mad:
Blue Jays said:
The pass of the burgundy minivan at 3:27 seemed the safest of them all.
:rolleyes: This is the only pass you can give me shit about if you don't pay enough attention to notice I look around the corner first and you don't. There are at least 2 or 3 other motocycle passes in there I made, I'm sure you can find something to piss on about on those!

Remember I don't have to watch through a camera like you do, so please just "resist" bashing my riding and saftey of which I take both very seriously!!!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Blue Jays said:

I wouldn't take my comments so much as a lecture as much as ones' rights to swing their fists ends where another person's nose starts if you've heard that expression.
LifesAStoppie- I don't think Blue Jays was trying to lecture or critisize you, she was just sharing her point of view on the whole thing. She openly admitted that watching through a video, and being there is real life are two things, and that the video's perspective would be a little distorted. Don't take it as a personal attack, they were just comments. On this board though, we do tend to be a little on the catious side... well come of us:D

Blue Jays- I wasn't trying to take over your standpoint, just wanted to give a little backup to a friend:twofinger

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi LifesAStoppie-

You're taking this a bit personally instead of in a clinical fashion.

You posted a video which I told you was very cool. I'm offering my critique of certain activities...like crossing the double-yellow line in violation of the law. This constructive criticism was done while offering that I wasn't there and I'm limited to what the camera lens captures for the viewer.

I never called you names and now I'm a grandma of some sort to you? That was an unnecessary ad hominem attack against someone who has participated on this board for years.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
40 Posts
I might have very few posts... but I've been at least a lurker since "Registered: Feb 2001" so don't expect kid gloves treatment because you've been here since 2000.

You did attack my riding and deemed me unsafe with what I thought was a very condisending attitude and I do take it personaly. Almost all of your commentary was far off base and if you take such a strong stance against the simple crossing of a yellow line, maybe you shouldn't bother to download a video titled "Deals Gap video, fast riding and a crash".

And yes, if you think me passing my friend on that Ducati twords the white car was "a close call" you are a grandma!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry, I won't be able to make it this year. Your not but a stones throw north of me though...

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
What kind of helmet cam are you using? I am in the market for one. Thanks!

Great vid!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.