Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trip got started really late....my cousin John is never on time. We started after dark, thank goodness I have made this trip a bunch of times. We went thru Cleveland, TN to 411 then headed north on 411. Stayed the night at motel about 30min from the GAP.

fuelin-up in Cleveland.......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Started raining...not bad, just enough to wet the road and cool the air. Notice the fog rising from the water. This pic was taken on the road from 129 to Fontana Village.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bad part....we were on the road heading to the Cherohala Skyway. My uncle decided to wad his bike:( . Thank God he had on full gear which included full face helmet, FieldSheer mesh jacket with full pading, chaps and boots. He only had some minor scratches and a couple of bruses. He was moving along at about 35 to 45 mph when he went off.

Dress-up to Go-Down.............

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
rdozz said:
Failure to maintain control.....:rolleyes:
Total bull$hit!!! :finger:

What did your uncle tell the cop when he was asked about the accident? Did your uncle tell him that he lost control for no reason or did he tell him that he was avoiding an animal or road debris?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My uncle told the officer he just lost concentration for a moment, then panicked when he realized he was on the shoulder of the road and locked up the rear brake...(pucker time) The officer offered not to write the accident report if my Uncle was not going to make an insurance claim. My uncle needed to make a claim the bike looked totaled (and it was). The officer then informed us that if he had to write an accident report he would have to write a ticket. I guess the only thing the officer could think of was "failure to maintain control" cost = $100.00 -- That covered the officers time. The officer was cool, I am sure he has seen several motorcycle accidents. I think "excessive day-dreaming" would fit better. :eek:

O

·
0 Posts
Was this a State Trooper or a County Mounty? I crashed on a country road near Asheville in February and the Trooper said, "He's been thru enough, I'm not writing him a ticket." He said this while staring at a rear tire as bald your grandfather's grandfather! I guess he had some compassion, as I was lying on the side of the road w/a broken ankle, etc., etc.

He DID write out an accident report, & I filed an insurance claim.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts