Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lucky enough to have a GF that has family in Kentucky. So I told her there was no way in H*LL I was going to go with her unless I road the bike through the Gap All Day Thursday! We're riding up Wednesday Night from Charleston and staying in Cherokee. I can't wait to Hit the Blue Ridge! :D

Is anyone else going to be there that weekend?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey man,

A group of us are trying to go sometime here in the future. Not sure when, but I will propose that date to them and see what they say.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured out what I'm doing for The Gap.

Wednesday after work:
Leave the GFs house with the GF in tow.
I-26 to Hwy 151
hehe, Blue Ridge Parkway at night. Even though I won't be able to see the views, I'll be able to stay awake by flopping back and forth on the turns :D
Hwy 151 runs right into Cherokee and we'll spend the night there.

Thrusday:
Goof off in Cherokee and do the tourist thing with her 3 yr old.
Grab some lunch and head to The Gap.
Run the Gap a few times :D Take some pics and blah blah
Become a member and get a "Go Fast Sticker" before I head out.

Thursday Afternoon:
Hwy 129 to 275 to 75 to Covington, KY.
Mapquest says 4.25 Hours, but I don't know.
I figure 5 Hours, cause both of the ladys (GF and her 3 yr old) are going to whinning about food at some point LMAO.

Then while in Covington, I'm told I'll be watching some Big Fireworks display or something.

Then she wants to go to her grandmothers house and that means we have to come back through Virginia. And that means more twistie mountain roads :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
deals gap

I'm all about going up there guys. I have some friends here where I live that have went three times or so this summer. I've never been before myself but would like to go. Dunno if I can take 318 cuves in 11 miles superbike style but I would like to be there anyway to see what it's like. I'm sure it blows your mind to see all those curves in such a tight place all at once. If anyones riding up that way soon let me know something and i will try to make plans to go.

Josh

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: deals gap

gravesR6 said:
I'm all about going up there guys. I have some friends here where I live that have went three times or so this summer. I've never been before myself but would like to go. Dunno if I can take 318 cuves in 11 miles superbike style but I would like to be there anyway to see what it's like. I'm sure it blows your mind to see all those curves in such a tight place all at once. If anyones riding up that way soon let me know something and i will try to make plans to go.

Josh
http://www.sportbikeworld.com/showt...&threadid=10288

1 - 7 of 7 Posts