Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm walking around my local bike dealership and I come across two deals that I might just need to take.

They're selling brand new 2003 SV1000Ss for $6500otd (both the silver and copper colors)! I could also have a new VTR1000 SuperChicken for $7600otd (the blue one).

I've always wanted a big Vtwin streetbike and this seems too good to pass up.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any thoughts on the SV1000S? Its a bike that I hadn't considered much at all before this.

Anyone have thoughts about it. Its only a screeming deal if its a hell of a bike.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
All I know is from what I read & apparently they are not selling worth a darn, they are no longer being made & one chap moaned about the saddle compared to other sportbikes as it seems to be lacking something up by the petrol tank.

He was on a waiting list to have a custom one built, for something like 6 hrs & he was in dire pain. Seems both major custom saddle making people do not carry some ready made ones in stock -----that might be telling us something.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know two people with the newer 650 (one is an S) and they are both happy with them. My one friend put on an optional suzuki seat that is a little wider,but my brother left his alone. I have heard that for the price differance that the sv1000 isn't worth the extra over the 650 as the are almost the same other wise. mabey the honda would be a better choise if you wanted a 1000cc's (i know it would by mine) Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
the Red: There is quite a bit of difference between a SV-650 or SV-650s & an SV-1000 believe me.

Still I think the SV-650 & s has cought on while the SV-1000 simply has not & reason they stopped producing them is my guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 03 SV1000's are awesome bikes. There is night and day difference between the engines on a 650 and 1000 SV. The Honda RC51 has nothing on the SV1000, the SV is lighter, just as fast, and looks a heck of a lot better than the Honda.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
zooksv1k said:
The 03 SV1000's are awesome bikes. There is night and day difference between the engines on a 650 and 1000 SV. The Honda RC51 has nothing on the SV1000, the SV is lighter, just as fast, and looks a heck of a lot better than the Honda.
Granted that you put some Sharkskinz on. The SV 650 has awesome low-end torque, I suppose they suffer in the midrange, anyone?

I like the redesigned looks of '03 SVs, and the fact that they added fuel injection and digital speedo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts