Sportbike World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baby attacked with stun gun

A man in the US state of Oregon is facing trial for allegedly attacking his baby son with a stun gun as many as 10 times over a three-week period, causing multiple burns and blisters, police said today.

Rian James Wittman was charged yesterday with first-degree criminal mistreatment and three counts of second-degree assault after allegedly using a 100,000-volt stun gun on his 18-month-old son, Kyle, Albany police Captain Eric Carter said.

"The child was taken to the hospital on Saturday, February 3, when the mother brought the child in and told police," Capt Carter said.

Capt Carter said police were looking into why the mother, Jennifer Wittman, 21, had not reported the attacks earlier.

The child has was treated in hospital for burns and blisters on his legs, belly and back and was released the same day.

"The child had not previously been taken to the hospital for the previous stun-gun incident," Capt Carter said.

"She's (Ms Wittman) not being charged and not being held."

If convicted on the charges, Wittman, a 23-year old truck driver, could face more than 30 years in prison, Capt Carter said.

He is being held in lieu of $US100,000 ($A129,000) bail.

Stun guns fire an electric charge designed to subdue or incapacitate an adult suspect.

Screw the 30 years in jail. Throw a rope around his neck and string him up! :finger:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
cookeetree said:
Screw the 30 years in jail. Throw a rope around his neck and string him up! :finger:
+1 Anybody who could do that to his own child multiple times is beyond help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
who are we to question alternate methods of parenting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
That dude is a little too trigger happy with the TASER eh?

He's screwed up, that ain't no way to treat a human being. Especially his kid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
From CNN today.


Police: Dad left toddler outside to freeze to death
POSTED: 10:05 a.m. EST, February 8, 2007


Story Highlights• William Page arraigned Thursday on homicide, other charges, in daughter's death
• Police say Page knocked out 2-year-old Nyia, took her outside and left her
• Toddler's body found Sunday in snow, 10 minutes from home
• Tiny footprints suggest she got up, walked around before dying of exposure



PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) -- The father of a young girl who died of exposure had knocked her unconscious because he was angry, then took her outside in subfreezing temperatures and left her there, police said before the man's arraignment Thursday.

Nyia Miangel Page, who was about to turn 2, was found dead Sunday on a wooded knoll about a 10 minute walk from the family's home.

Tiny footprints in the snow suggested she had gotten up and wandered around before she died, police said.

Her father, William Lorenzo Page, 23, of Braddock, was arrested on charges of criminal homicide, kidnapping, false reports and simple assault. He did not have an attorney in court Thursday morning, and was jailed without bond.

Page told police he woke up early Saturday and found the girl awake and playing near a mirror in the hallway, according to the criminal complaint. He said he got mad when the girl wouldn't go back to bed, so he hit her so hard she hit her head and was unconscious, the complaint said.

Page then took her outside wrapped in a blanket and left her, police said.

An autopsy determined Nyia died of hypothermia, but the Allegheny County Medical Examiner ruled the death a homicide because investigators said it was unreasonable to assume the child got to the wooded location alone.

The site was about a 10-minute walk from her home, a trek that would have included climbing 17 snowy steps up to a wooded knoll.

Nyia's family reported her missing Saturday morning after another child alerted them that the toddler wasn't in her bed.

Nyia's mother told police she last saw the girl after Nyia tried to crawl into bed with her parents about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The mother told police she put the youngster back into her own bed in an upstairs room.

Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched in 20-degree temperatures for most of two days before finding the little girl's body.


http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/08/toddler.death.ap/index.html
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
YZFr6-TX said:
From CNN today.


Police: Dad left toddler outside to freeze to death
POSTED: 10:05 a.m. EST, February 8, 2007


Story Highlights• William Page arraigned Thursday on homicide, other charges, in daughter's death
• Police say Page knocked out 2-year-old Nyia, took her outside and left her
• Toddler's body found Sunday in snow, 10 minutes from home
• Tiny footprints suggest she got up, walked around before dying of exposure



PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) -- The father of a young girl who died of exposure had knocked her unconscious because he was angry, then took her outside in subfreezing temperatures and left her there, police said before the man's arraignment Thursday.

Nyia Miangel Page, who was about to turn 2, was found dead Sunday on a wooded knoll about a 10 minute walk from the family's home.

Tiny footprints in the snow suggested she had gotten up and wandered around before she died, police said.

Her father, William Lorenzo Page, 23, of Braddock, was arrested on charges of criminal homicide, kidnapping, false reports and simple assault. He did not have an attorney in court Thursday morning, and was jailed without bond.

Page told police he woke up early Saturday and found the girl awake and playing near a mirror in the hallway, according to the criminal complaint. He said he got mad when the girl wouldn't go back to bed, so he hit her so hard she hit her head and was unconscious, the complaint said.

Page then took her outside wrapped in a blanket and left her, police said.

An autopsy determined Nyia died of hypothermia, but the Allegheny County Medical Examiner ruled the death a homicide because investigators said it was unreasonable to assume the child got to the wooded location alone.

The site was about a 10-minute walk from her home, a trek that would have included climbing 17 snowy steps up to a wooded knoll.

Nyia's family reported her missing Saturday morning after another child alerted them that the toddler wasn't in her bed.

Nyia's mother told police she last saw the girl after Nyia tried to crawl into bed with her parents about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The mother told police she put the youngster back into her own bed in an upstairs room.

Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched in 20-degree temperatures for most of two days before finding the little girl's body.


http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/08/toddler.death.ap/index.html
This absolutely makes me sick. :( :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Wow...that is really sad for those kids.

I have to admit that for a split second immediately after reading "Baby attacked with stun gun," I laughed.

As for the second story, the part that made me sick was the "little footprints" comment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
When I read this news clip about the guy leaving his little girl out in the cold to die, pissed me off, made me sicker than hell, and now I hope they give him the death penalty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
YZFr6-TX said:
When I read this news clip about the guy leaving his little girl out in the cold to die, pissed me off, made me sicker than hell, and now I hope they give him the death penalty.
You should have seen the news here in Pittsburgh!

I wasn't even around when it happened, but when I got home the news was ALL over it.

Not everyone in Pittsburgh is that demented. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
I really didn't need to see this crap. I actually feel like my breakfast is going to come up! No trial, just string'em up!!!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top