Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive been in newark for about a week now and have made it down 273 into Rising sun, MD but that route is getting kind of old. Anyone from the area of newark, de etc...?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well not to reply to my own post but.... Ive made it out New London Road (896) into Amish country / Lancaster county and Im pretty sure that will keep me content for a while. Just watch out for the horses leaking "oil";)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey Kyle, Good to hear you were able to get out and ride. My daughters are at the Univ. of Delaware today for the Band Day or something like that. Husband and I just got back from a nice ride around Harford County.

On October 6, we will be riding up to Ephrata PA. Have you ever been there? The first Sunday of the month motorcycles from all over met at this one spot in Ephrata, motorcycles everywhere. Go up in the morning and walk around, and then leave around 11:30 or so. Stop for lunch on the way home and then relax. If you are interested in going let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey...I live in Lancaster, and there is an abundance of twistie back roads to explore...when I first got my bike a few months ago, I used to go out and try to get lost in the back roads...I usually always ended up back in an area I was familiar with, so it's really good riding without the stress of getting overly lost...
...I keep reading about the Ephrata breakfast rides, but I'm so shy I'm afraid to partake in them , but they sound way fun

·
Registered
25 Posts
one more thing, since you explored 273 North (or west...can't remember), you should try to go the other way, and then hit route 1 S...takes you to the beaches...hehe...that's my route anyways (in the cage...haven't attempted a ride from Lancaster to OC yet...maybe next year)...

·
Registered
150 Posts
drluv318 said:
.........I keep reading about the Ephrata breakfast rides, but I'm so shy I'm afraid to partake in them , but they sound way fun...........

Hey, it's just a parking lot with about 1000 bikes. Don't be shy, nobody will laugh at you. Hell, nobody even raises an eyebrow when the scooter gang shows up. If you're on your 6R, you'll blend right in with the other 100 6R's. Plus, it's so early in the morning, most everyone is walking around half asleep.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well there are motorcyclists around here... who'd a thougt:rolleyes:

Anyway, Kathy... I was getting pretty excited about ephrata, then when I came to my senses I realized id be in Boston that weekend, oh well. Hopefully the weather is still nice enough in october. And how old are your daughters :cool: haha

Yea im loving lancastar county so far. I got semi lost yesterday but found my way out pretty quick. I dunno what I like more... the twisties or the amish people. They seem to LOVE motorcycles. Its just a great place to ride since im in busy Newark. We should meet up one day and you could show me some nice spots. Ill be out there tommrow morning for a while (weather and hangover depending).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Husband and I ventured out for about a 50 mile ride around Harford County. Lacaster is tricky so I am not surprised you may have gotten temporarily lost.

As far as Ephrata goes, there is always next month. The weather gets chiller but it is always a possibility.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think I posted this in a different thread a while ago, but I live in Newark too. You can drop me an e-mail if you want to ride one day. I ride pretty much every day, and I never mind some company.

[email protected]

Later,
Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
273 is nice. alot of the back roads around u of d.

routes 896, 796, 41, 841. most of the lancaster area is very nice riding.

if you are free the first saturday of each month, a local chapter of the CMA (Christian Motorcyclists Assoc., and alot more fun than it sounds) meets at the Denny's on Rt 13 at about 8:30 for breakfast. if it is nice, the ride leader always takes us on some very nice rides around delaware and pa.

jeremy

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jstrain said:
273 is nice. alot of the back roads around u of d.

routes 896, 796, 41, 841. most of the lancaster area is very nice riding.

if you are free the first saturday of each month, a local chapter of the CMA (Christian Motorcyclists Assoc., and alot more fun than it sounds) meets at the Denny's on Rt 13 at about 8:30 for breakfast. if it is nice, the ride leader always takes us on some very nice rides around delaware and pa.

jeremy
I knew I should have booked my trip to boston on a different weekend. Im missing out on Ephrata and now this... oh well, theres always next month. Thanks for the info / invite.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey kath, and Jeff. I just heard that sbn went off the air. So I joined this site. Seems pretty cool. I will give you guys a call to see about riding tomorrow. It looks like I am going to have a busy day. Anyway looking forward to Sun. It looks like we are going to miss the rain. Talk to you guys on the net. See ya Chuck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey what's up guys? I live in pike creek which is about a minute from newark. If you wanna ride let me know.

Pac it's nice to see some of the de guys from SBN here. Have you seen any of the others around? I figured Vapors would have showed up buy now.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im always down for a ride, and ride everyday. Email me whenever you (or anyone in the area) wants to go.

Im heading up to boston for the weekend but anytime after that is good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mask25 said:
Hey what's up guys? I live in pike creek which is about a minute from newark. If you wanna ride let me know.

Pac it's nice to see some of the de guys from SBN here. Have you seen any of the others around? I figured Vapors would have showed up buy now.
The philly guys are at www.sportbikes.ws. Check the "regional--North east -- Philly riders" forums. I haven't seen any posts from vapors or einstein yet, but that site looks like it'll be the next SBN.

PS- Drop me an e-mail if you're up for a ride anytime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts