Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is looking into the 06 Daytona 675 . He has experience ect, ect.... What do you guys know about this bike? He is not looking so much into performance as "cool" fetures such as the undertail exhaust. He has enough experience to buy this, but not enough to notice "little" differences with handeling ect... Before he makes any purchases I want your inputs on this bike as I trust your opinions more than any offical artical (although they are very helpful). I feel that you guys can give the most honest awnsers. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I don't have experience riding them, but it certainly looks and sounds like an excellent bike. If your friend has the experience and the means, you can advise him to go for it. However, the bike hasn't bee long enough on the market to detail all the reliability issues of Triumph, we'll have to wait and see.

It is certainly a better street bike than the 600s, with more torque down low, and perhaps uncommon. All the mags love it, but like you said, most average riders wouldn't notice the handling difference between it and any other sportbike.

So if he likes the look, sound, and ergonomics, he could go for it.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I've only sat on one. Not too many of them out there so finding people that can give you hands on opinions will be rare right now. I can tell you this, had the one I sat on not had a deposit on it then it would be in my garage. It is a beautiful bike that puts out great power and of course it is a triple so the sound will be awesome with aftermarket exhaust.

The motojournalists seem to be pretty damn happy with the bikes performance and power.

If I could own 2 sportbikes then a 675 would be one of them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I highly reccommend the new 675. It really is an amazing machine and I have been lucky enough to test and work on one. We put a whole bunch of goodies onto it, and it is even better than before, but the before was amazing as well. In respect to the "little" things, it does not seem to skip a beat. Personally, I would not be surprised if it contends for bike of the year.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Guess the one thing I'd want to look into is how the dealer support is in the area I'd buy one in....i.e. is there a close enough dealer for service?

If I were to go out today and buy a new sportbike, it would most likely be that bike. You don't see a lot of them, it's got a great motor, great looks. Don't have any firsthand experience with them though.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Definitely!

I also agree with everyone else here- the Daytona 675 is THE middleweight sportbike to have. All the magazines have given it rave reviews.

Very competitive horsepower, competitive pricing, more torque, unique 3-cylinder engine, a certain degree of exclusiveness, and drop-dead good looks. What more could you possibly want?

Good luck finding one though, I've heard that Triumph is selling them as quickly as they can churn them out. Quicker actually, I've heard rumors they might have already sold out of 2006's and that there's a waiting list for the 07's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tis definitly true about them being hard to come by. I may be able to help some of you guys out if you are SERIOUS about picking one up. We have pretty good connections with the dealers across the US. Let me know :) - Son

·
Registered
30 Posts
A little OT, but I have heard some problems with engines. They use a lot of oil, thus causing some problems. I know that everyone should check oil regularly, but I heard that it is pretty excessive with the 675, is this true?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
BtownGixxer said:
A little OT, but I have heard some problems with engines. They use a lot of oil, thus causing some problems. I know that everyone should check oil regularly, but I heard that it is pretty excessive with the 675, is this true?
Of course it is, otherwise they might threaten the GIXTA supremacy

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
That's the first I've heard of problems. Then again, that's only two instances of problems. Those two "race" bikes don't count. Those were both situations where failures would be expected.

Triumph is full of shit on a bike using that much oil. Owners still should have checked it but also it shouldn't use that much. Although two instances hardly indicate a real problem.

I've never had to add any oil to either of mine or my ex's motorcycles... never. Only at the 3000-5000 mile oil changes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
RCjohn said:

Triumph is full of shit on a bike using that much oil. Owners still should have checked it but also it shouldn't use that much. Although two instances hardly indicate a real problem.
Why would Triumph lie about the bikes using too much oil? Wouldn't they not want that public?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
RCjohn said:
Good point.
Do we know that is triumph official responce? Or is that some dealer trying to cover his ass?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts