Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
I really think this is gonna be my next bike... selling my svs to my brother is looking better and better... just better do it before he sees pics of this! I've got 5g's comming in Jan... and 5 from him.... hummm... BIG PLIMP'N!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had my deposit on one since late October. Due for delivery in early March. For all who are interested here is a forum directed towards the 675!
www.triumph675.net
Alot of good people on there and they download and share all of the mag reviews. Take it easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got the last one in San Diego this weekend. It is absolutely one of the sweetest motorcycles I have ever ridden or looked at and now its in my garage! :burnout:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ick said:
Just got the last one in San Diego this weekend. It is absolutely one of the sweetest motorcycles I have ever ridden or looked at and now its in my garage! :burnout:
Throw up some pics! That really is a sweet bike. If I were to go out and buy a new 600, it would probably be that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Will do... as soon as I take some which should be shortly... been riding too much lately to think about photos! :laughing:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

This might very well be my next bike. I like it alot more than the R6's that I've been thinking about. Damn its hot... I need to find my wallet...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome! I really like the GP style exhaust. I had seen pictures on the 675 forum. What did it entail to accomplish that setup? Oh, wow! I just noticed that it also utilizes the undertail as well... What were the performance gains? :burnout:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ick said:
Awesome! I really like the GP style exhaust. I had seen pictures on the 675 forum. What did it entail to accomplish that setup? Oh, wow! I just noticed that it also utilizes the undertail as well... What were the performance gains? :burnout:
Yea, the GP style exhaust from GPR is amazing...The setup entailed a decent amount of new product development and a lot of long hours, but it was definitly well worth it. Within the next couple of weeks, all of the products made for the show bike will be available for sale, with exception to a couple of the goodies which are already set for sale. In terms of HP gains, we did a couple quick runs on the dyno and picked up over 10 hp to the wheel!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Im semi new to riding. Ive had a '93 GSXR 750 for about 3 months now, put it down once in a stupid parkinglot manuver, and have ridden on and off for a few years. Im looking for a new bike and Im torn between the '06 GSXR 750 and the Triumph 675.

Ive always been partial to Suzuki but love the idea of a 3 cylinder and exclusivity of the Triumph. Will most dealers let you test ride the bikes? And what are the your opinions of the 2 bikes. Thanks for the help.

Ricky

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
YoKramer said:
Hi,

Im semi new to riding. Ive had a '93 GSXR 750 for about 3 months now, put it down once in a stupid parkinglot manuver, and have ridden on and off for a few years. Im looking for a new bike and Im torn between the '06 GSXR 750 and the Triumph 675.

Ive always been partial to Suzuki but love the idea of a 3 cylinder and exclusivity of the Triumph. Will most dealers let you test ride the bikes? And what are the your opinions of the 2 bikes. Thanks for the help.

Ricky
Most dealers won't let you ride new, but I did find a Triumph/Ducati/various other "exotics" dealer in Cali that let me test ride a used 955i. Also a Triumph dealer in Puerto Rico was going to let me test ride a new 955i, but I didn't have a helmet with me. All you can do is ask, most Triumph dealers I've seen seem willing.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
If you go to a dealer that won't let you test ride bikes then go to another dealer. I actually have had two dealerships tell me that. Their bikes are insured. Not this is assuming you have the motorcycle license. Most are going to want to see that first.

That being said, bikes like the 675 are a different story with some dealers because they are purchased before they arrive. If this is the case then they aren't going to let you ride it. Just depends on the dealer's situation. The 2000 RC-51s had deposits on most of them so test riding one of them was pretty much out of the question for the first few months after release.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I called my local Triumph dealer today and they will have their over stock in a few weeks. He told me to call back in 2 weeks and check in. They do led test rides so I'm gonna deff. have to go for a ride before I decide.

What do you think about the 675 vs. the 750?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
The 675 and GSXR750 are in completely different categories. No real comparison there. The GSXR has significantly more power but compared to the 675 it's hideous looking in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Too bad it's a neck breaker. Just sitting on the thing, it's uncomfortable. Now, take a Bonnieville out for a ride!!!! Biggest damn grin I've had for months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Inky said:
Too bad it's a neck breaker. Just sitting on the thing, it's uncomfortable. Now, take a Bonnieville out for a ride!!!! Biggest damn grin I've had for months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
It's a hard edged sportbike. Comfort is not an issue. ;)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
RCjohn said:
... The GSXR has significantly more power but compared to the 675 it's hideous looking in my opinion.
I love the 675 (or will if reliability doesnt prove to be an issue) but looks are no its strong point... Then again, I've been saying that about damn near every new bike... I guess I'm getting old....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts