Sportbike World banner

Dayton area - Quaker Steak

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  cbr929_cholo 
#1 ·
I had put this in the regional area, but had hardly any "views". Once a week there's a gathering of motorcycles at the Quaker Steak and Lube in Beavercreek (near Dayton). I wonder if anyone has attended from here, and wondered if anyone would be interested who hasn't. It is a Wednesday thing. Last week there were about 200 bikes there, about half HD, but the rest were a very interesting mix of sports, tour, cruiser, and even saw a few enduros.

#2 ·
Well, I got more views in shorter time, but no replies yet. I took some pictures from the one I went to tonight. Very good turn out. I post some shot later when I have some time.

With all the sportsbikes I saw I find it hard to believe no one from here turned out there.

#5 ·
Ninja250F18 said:
Is beavercreek anywhere by englewood. I go to englewood all the time to visit family and dayton is like 30secs away. If it's by there when I go down I'll have to stop by on bike night.
Just checked it out, and Englewood is northwest of Dayton and Beavercreek is Southeast of Dayton. The Quaker Steak is just off 675 near the Farifield Rd exit.

Here are a few pics from the event tonight

Attachments

#9 ·
Some of us do not like crowds of any type to even fellow m/cists.

If you were to follow my 5 to 6 hr runs you would see me riding by myself & when I decide to pull in & have a cuppa I will be the only m/cist there. Yes I have my spots being places I have picked out over the yrs ----places I feel at home with the owner or staff to even some of the locals I might chat with about water situations, possible a bit about f/arms, or m/cs though nothing deep.

As I do get out as much as possible the staff even know just about where I will sit & know it will be a cup of coffee & that is all.

#10 ·
Hey scanevalexec, I checked it out about 3 weeks ago, but have classes on Wed. night typically, ending with a final next wed.

I am not especially "fond" of the Quaker Stake and lube night, it is cool and all, but I get bored within 30 minutes, as most everyone goes in to drink (i'm 19 and not into drinking while riding) and the crowd that stays out isn't especially interesting to talk to.

The best time/place to just go and "hang out" is downtown across from newcoms (5th and pine) on Fri/Sat. nights between 10:00 and 1:00, the people and bikes are more quality, imo.

Perhaps I will make it out there this wed., my final should be over by 7 or so downton.

Hooters is similar but on Thu. nights, not quite as large, the one on Little York just off of 75, about 5 minutes from my house. Only been there once, probably will go tomorrow night.

Cheers

Jon

#11 ·
Smitty - I hear what you are saying about he mobs of people. I ride most of the time alone, but I also like to look at bikes and talk about them. When I left the Quaker Steak I didn't leave with anyone else. It was just a chance to gawk at bikes and hang with people who liked them too. Some cool ones in my pictures, don't you think?

Pyro - good to hear about the Friday/Saturday thing. I don't drink when I ride myself, and I am 38. I see a lot of people who do it there, so I can see the turn-off. I'll keep the Thursday Hooters thing in mind, but let me know your next downtown trip.

#12 ·
Smitty said:
Some of us do not like crowds of any type to even fellow m/cists.

If you were to follow my 5 to 6 hr runs you would see me riding by myself & when I decide to pull in & have a cuppa I will be the only m/cist there. Yes I have my spots being places I have picked out over the yrs ----places I feel at home with the owner or staff to even some of the locals I might chat with about water situations, possible a bit about f/arms, or m/cs though nothing deep.

As I do get out as much as possible the staff even know just about where I will sit & know it will be a cup of coffee & that is all.
:topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic:

Why do you always try to shit on a post. Ride by yourself, mob by yourself and live the 1950's-1980's you always seem to refer to by yourself. Somebody was psoting about a bike night and did not ask about your habits and cup a joe runs. You always try to rain on the parade and it is fricken annoying.

#13 ·
Let's keep it civil in here.

#14 ·
spicersh said:
Let's keep it civil in here.
I did for 2yrs.!!!!!!! I can hold back no longer!!!!! I am uncaged and on a rampage.

Back to topic!!!!! Does Quaker Steak have bike nights at most locations????? I guess our local one is the one that does not, they did have a car cruise, but that was shit canned last yr.

#15 ·
scanevalexec
"but let me know your next downtown trip."

Will most likely be this weekend on account of the weather. I'd imagine I'll be down there between 10:00-2:00 tomorrow night, probably Sat. too, but I really don't know for sure if I am going or not till I get there. There aren't any "times" or this and that, typically gets busy from 11:00-1:00, everyone is out of there by 4:00 (wonder why?), I actually stayed till 4:00 this past sat. , didn't get down there till 12:00, only rode 60 miles! haha, but a lot of fun talking to wise people.

Different groups of people go out on rides at different times, but at most it is only 1/2 riding, usually just talking to people, networking per say, and yelling at the hot chicks.

Look for a yungun w/ a grey helmet, purple/black FZR 600, black jacket, green gloves.

#16 ·
UglyAngelX said:
:topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic:

Why do you always try to shit on a post. Ride by yourself, mob by yourself and live the 1950's-1980's you always seem to refer to by yourself. Somebody was psoting about a bike night and did not ask about your habits and cup a joe runs. You always try to rain on the parade and it is fricken annoying.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROTFLMAO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.