Sportbike World banner

Dave is pissed....

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Dad 
#1 ·
Can't say I blame Dave Despain for being so pissed, its not his fault that the Speed channel sucks. Theres a lot more money in NASCAR than bikes. I hate the fact that they ruined Two Wheel Tuesday too, but it isn't his fault. They offered him a job, and he took it...

http://www.nerdmafia.com/rockme01/video/despain.wmv

#2 ·
i feel bad for despain. i'm sure he'll end up at the next network that carries motorcycle programs. keep your fingers crossed that OLN will add more motorcycles. they are the same people who made speedvision.:thumb:

fox broadcasting SUCKS!!! i understand that they needed a 24/7 infomercial for their nascar broadcasts, but did they have to take speedvision anyway to do it?

i actually don't watch anything on fox networks anymore, except for motorcycle racing and football (addicted to both).

unfortunately, it doesn't matter, because i don't have a nielson box.

#3 ·
FZR400Tony said:
i feel bad for despain. i'm sure he'll end up at the next network that carries motorcycle programs. keep your fingers crossed that OLN will add more motorcycles. they are the same people who made speedvision.:thumb:

fox broadcasting SUCKS!!!
I do too, I really like him. He was a great host on TWT. He actually rides...not only that, he does track days too!

#5 ·
I can only watch TWT on the rare days I'm at my parents' house 300 miles away; its not in our cable budget.

And he's exactly right. The reality is that television is business, and that's supported by majority interests via advertising, which apparently is more interested in 'neck-car than motorcycling. No fault for him.

Sounds like he got too many comments about his missing TPS reports.

#7 ·
WOW, I didn't see that before, yeah I feel bad for him, but who has been blaming him? I have e-mailed speed many times about this, but I've made it clear in my e-mails that I'm pissed with speed's corp people, not dave.

James.

edit: Afterall, what is he suppossed to do? Go jobless because the channel is not airing what he wants?

#8 ·
Here's the thing: I agree, the programming is not his fault. However, by flipping out like he did, he now will receive more emails and calls blaming him trying to get him to meltdown again. I don't disagree with what he said, just how he said it. Now he has set himself up as a target and a joke.

#9 ·
desmo said:
Here's the thing: I agree, the programming is not his fault. However, by flipping out like he did, he now will receive more emails and calls blaming him trying to get him to meltdown again. I don't disagree with what he said, just how he said it. Now he has set himself up as a target and a joke.
Gee, you really think so? I think he had his say, and won't mention it again. I dunno...I myself called him a sell-out at first. But after thinking about it a bit, I no longer say that. I don't blame him for the loss of bike programming...its simply not as popular as Nascar in the US. I've e-mailed Speed about how I feel, but $$$ speak louder than e-mails.

#12 ·
I never liked Dispain until I just saw that little rant. He just got 10 punk rock points for that shit. Fuggin hilarious.

Speed/speedvision whatever the crap you call it now, is just a joke. They have 100 retarded shows a week about nascar and only like an hour worth of shows for each other genre combined. Its just retarded.

#13 ·
Holy crap!!! I have not laughed that hard in some time! It pisses me off too thought that NASCAR is all over the place. Yeah I like it, but i would rather watch a bunch of bikes go around a track then some cages going around in circles.

#14 ·
So how many of you guys actually watch his show?

I hate nascar, but he gets riders to come on the show and he interviews them and whatnot...it sux cause i hate nascar w/ a passion, but i can stomache their bullshit bellyaching about the fucking minutia in their bullshit rules when they always call up, but i like hearing Dave's take on stuff and they do talk about motorcycle's and cars and whatnot

I think he's a cool guy, after seeing that rant, it has only increased my respect for him, i only wish i had seen that when they aired it.

speedvision does suck though, it seems like everytime i want to watch something kewl, those 4 douche bags that host some fucking nascar show are on...then i switch to OLN or the Discovery Channel or ESPN

i dont know how NASCAR got so big, its so fucking stupid, yeah it might be kewl to be in one of the cars, or its semi kewl when parts fly (unless someone gets hurt), but other than that its boring as fuck....its got nothing on Moto GP and superbike racing etc.

#15 ·
I love seeing guys like Dave going off. So what if he left one network for another...there obviously had to be reasons for that. I don't understand why people take situations like this personally. Is he sleeping with you??? No??? Then don't worry about it. Do you pay his bills??? No?? Then don't worry about it. The people sending in those emails need to get a grip. You live your life, let that man live his!

#16 ·
You've got to give NASCAR credit for marketing. They packaged themselves and worked hard over the long haul. If the AMA did anything close to that, we'd be watching NASBIKE.;) There is more driver skill displayed, right up front where you can see it, and the vehicles are VERY close to what a fan can walk into a showroom and purchase. While it started out that way, the NASCAR vehicle doesn't even pretend to be similar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.