Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any budget systems out there? Like as in under $2000? ie. one the might record RPM, wheel speed, lean angle, throttle posistion, steering head angle, suspension travel, etc., etc.. Any manufacture's websites (buget or not)?

TIA

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
AIM MyChrons come in several levels. I've got the $200 MCL model which is basically a lap timer. The next model up is $4-500 and includes a tach and some other features.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don’t know if you’ll find those features for that price, you might have to settle for fewer features or more $. Seems like you’d have to be a really hot rider already to make use of all that info anyway.

Check this thread:
http://www.wera.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006845.html
You’ll have to wade through some BS but you might find something usefull.

You might join the Wera forum and ask, you do not have to be a Wera member and it is free.

·
Registered
298 Posts
After poking around a little bit, there don't appear to be vendors of integrated systems that include both transducers and collection processors. What I found were processor vendors, e.g. PI Research and Advantage Motorsports, and sensor vendors, e.g. Active Sensors.

PI manufactures processors used in professional auto racing, but have a lower-end system, too. Advantage offers a less elaborate and more affordable unit.

The UK magazine Racecar Engineering (from which I got some of the above) regularly runs advertisements from such vendors. I buy it occasionally at Barnes and Noble. You're probably already aware of Roadracing World, which I don't often read but may carry articles or ads of interest to you.

I'm not an instrumentation expert, but I think to get lean angle you need a gyro. I had no luck finding gyros for motorsport applications.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Nice avatar Datadan, rc30 or the 250/400's???

Anyway, wouldn't worry about lean angle too much. IMHO suspension telemetry is where you'll learn the most if it can help you dial in settings. If you can see where it's working, or more importantly not working well, there's more to be gained.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts