Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i rode around town today for maybe an hour total and managed to lose the bolt that holds the rear tray/tail light housing/ whatver thing to the subframe... crap.

I'm gonna have to hit up sears or something tomorrow and get a replacement. wire-ties will have to hold it till then...

Is there any good way to make those stupid things stay on? I dont wanna have crap rattling off every time i take it out...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
halik said:
So i rode around town today for maybe an hour total and managed to lose the bolt that holds the rear tray/tail light housing/ whatver thing to the subframe... crap.

I'm gonna have to hit up sears or something tomorrow and get a replacement. wire-ties will have to hold it till then...

Is there any good way to make those stupid things stay on? I dont wanna have crap rattling off every time i take it out...
Loc-tite or something equivilent

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are there any good palces that i can score the bolt/nut at? I'm sure those are metric...

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
A word of caution. Don't use loctite on bolts holding plastic. Most plastics are ABS and loctite embrittles it. After several hours in contact, it will tend to shatter in the vicinity of the bolt where the excess wets it. If you're having trouble with those bolts, a little bit of silicone gasket sealant will usually do the trick. Gums up the threads sufficiently to prevent loss of the bolt but won't hurt the plastic and can still be removed.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
halik said:
are there any good palces that i can score the bolt/nut at? I'm sure those are metric...
alot of hardware stores will....or a boaters supply store...or call metrics unlimited...they like carry metric stuff.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Dad said:
A word of caution. Don't use loctite on bolts holding plastic. Most plastics are ABS and loctite embrittles it. After several hours in contact, it will tend to shatter in the vicinity of the bolt where the excess wets it. If you're having trouble with those bolts, a little bit of silicone gasket sealant will usually do the trick. Gums up the threads sufficiently to prevent loss of the bolt but won't hurt the plastic and can still be removed.
That's a good idea......I've never had to loc-tite plastic's, so never experienced that.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Suckers dissin' on my vocappilary.:( :D

That's what happens when you start your education with eight years of those knuckle bustin' Ninja Nuns, only to come home to a household where the old man refuses to have a TV. Gitchee a libary card instead. You oughta' see some of them words them book writers come up with.:eek: :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Dad said:
Suckers dissin' on my vocappilary.:( :D

That's what happens when you start your education with eight years of those knuckle bustin' Ninja Nuns, only to come home to a household where the old man refuses to have a TV. Gitchee a libary card instead. You oughta' see some of them words them book writers come up with.:eek: :rolleyes: :D
You know I love it Dad:thumb:
your ok in my book

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CruiserErik said:
What's a "libary":dunno: I went to a library once I think:D
i'm sure its a typoo of liburry

i got me some stainless steel bolt btw from ACE hardware. They didnt have metric ones, but that didn't really matter since it was bolted down with a nut on the other side:)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
CruiserErik said:
What's a "libary":dunno:
The place where you gitchee a libary card. Everyones knowed that.

CruiserErik said:
I went to a library once I think:D
Don't know nuthin' about no "library". Next time we's at the libary, I'll look it up.;)

It's all part of the sarcastiometric equation. :eek: :D

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Man, I sure am glad that Dad is here to edumacate us. I was in serious danger of becoming ignert. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts