Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full coverage quote for a 2002 ZX-9R. I'm 35, no tickets, no accidents, 3 other vehicles, live in a house, bike is garaged. This HAS to be a mistake. Laugh it up!

Thank you for the opportunity to quote your motorcycle insurance coverage. Based on the information you provided, we would like to offer the following quoted premium.

Annual Quoted Premium $7397.00

This is only a quote. To purchase insurance or to get more information please contact the independent Dairyland agency partner listed below:

Phone 281-855-4577
Randy Dinger
Career General Agency
Houston, TX 77084

Your Dairyland quote number is: 41Q813***
If you have any questions regarding your quote or to obtain an agent closer to you please call 1-888-Dairyland (1-888-324-7952) and have your quote number available for us to access your quote. You will also be receiving more detailed information by mail.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hehehheh...

That is FUBAR! The price of a whole new motorcycle just for full coverage, that's like assuming everyone with a motorcycle will total it once a year. Gee, I wonder if they are scalping for profit on that one.

For liability only on my 2002 GSX-R1000, I have now found an outfit that is giving me... are you sitting down... $26/month. Hehhehhh. Ya-yuh!

·
Registered
68 Posts
CALL STATE FARM!!!!!

Progressive quoted me 10K a year!! LOL!

state farm $653 a year full coverage. kawasaki ninja zx6r bike

18yr old male one accident zero tickets

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure, liability is only $290 a year, no matter what bike or who you are. Unfortunately, if you lay it over or bump into something, you are on your own to repair/replace.

This was quote for full coverage: Comp, collision, under/uninsured motorist.

Don

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
biglipps66 said:
CALL STATE FARM!!!!!

Progressive quoted me 10K a year!! LOL!

state farm $653 a year full coverage. kawasaki ninja zx6r bike

18yr old male one accident zero tickets
I WISH I could ! !

State Farm isn't writing any new policies in Texas....bikes or cars. I guess the flooding in Houston they spent $1 Billion on claims last year got to them.

Don

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chris_y2k_r1 said:
Just over $300/yr on my 2000 R1 for full coverage!
what?

Did you leave out a "0", or is that only liability? Liability is $300 (fixed price) from everyone, so it looks like they are "giving" you full coverage for free.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chris_y2k_r1 said:
Statefarm rocks!

Honest to God - Full Coverage.
Hey, I'll put my new bike in your name, and YOU insure it. I'll pay you the $300 for the first year!

don

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Don in Texas said:

Hey, I'll put my new bike in your name, and YOU insure it. I'll pay you the $300 for the first year!

don
Only if you buy a Silver 2002 R1 and I can ride it :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'll let you put it in MY name for only ...hold on sit down , $4000 a year ! ! Yeah thats right ! $4000.00 That will save you some money! !

I will make a bit off it, but just a little.:p :p :p

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
ninjabeater said:
I'll let you put it in MY name for only ...hold on sit down , $4000 a year ! ! Yeah thats right ! $4000.00 That will save you some money! !

I will make a bit off it, but just a little.:p :p :p
How about you give me the $4K. I'll sell my R1, buy a Silver 2002 and let you drive it once in a while when you can make it up to PA. I'll save you both the insurance costs and the monthly bike payments!! Just think about it!!!! :D ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I guess I shouldnt say anything about my $19/month full coverage with 100/200/100 liability for a 750.:D :twofinger :D

A 1000 would only be $275 for me.:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dang, after reading all these, I'm even happier with my price of $255 a year for full coverage on my ZX9!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts