Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waffling in 5 different directions as to which bike I wanted to get, I finally took the plunge and bought the 2002 Husqvarna SM570R. It should be arriving in late January. I've also ordered the titanium race-pipe and air-filter.

Anybody wanna' buy a Duc al'orange? I'm selling the Ducati, but I'll replace it sometime next spring. Here's a picture of the new ride:

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Paul this bike looks just AWESOME!

It looks like the NOX, and I have spend quite some time looking at NOX pictures, I envy you :drool:
Good thing you ordered the race pipe though, as I think this huge silencer spoils the looks of the bike, not to mention that it's there to spoil the big thumper's deep voice!

I have become a Supermoto fan the last 2 years, spectating only though.
I was supposed to go to the last European Supermoto Championship race of the year on Sunday which was held for the first time in Greece, just 60 km away from Athens, but I missed it as I couldn't even move a finger before 12pm because of late night drinking on Saturday :(

Aris

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ahh, you've just enrolled at Hooligan University. I estimate that only 50% of the time will find both tires on the ground.:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gixxerdude said:
you traded your duc for that?:hurl: interesting, very interesting.
Nope, I didn't trade the the Ducati. But who knows, if I like it as much as I think I will, I might not get another sportbike for a while. I rode the Husaberg FS650 last week. That's when I made my decision to get an SM. It's just way too much fun. I recommend you ride one if you have a chance.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know anything about the bike but from the looks of it you won't be doing 150+ in a fifty any time soon. :) Not my cup of tea but hope you like it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Looks like a slick dirtbike my man! 570cc? Scary. I just went to look at this one on Saturday - 96 f3 on the right - Dealer wants 5600 can. tax incl. I'm gonna buy it. New sprocket, chain, Yoshi pipe. Can't wait!!

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ducatilimey37 said:
abuser, i mean 748s, Did you ever find out the deal on the Gilerra (SP)? I thought that was on your shopping list?
I sure did. It was/is on my list. But... they won't be available until probably late 2002 - early 2003. And it is still up-in-the-air as to whether or not we will get them here (stateside) in 2003. I'm sure I could probably put myself on the waiting list, and bring one in on the grey market, but who knows when that would be?

Interim, I think this one (Husky) is gonna' be a terror! One more traffic violation before next August and I lose my license for a year. Any bets as to when I start riding "illegally?":D

·
Registered
170 Posts
They are sweet looking and if they have made the suspension upgrades it would be a greart twsties/track bike.
So is the 150 in a 55 part of the equation when looking at this new bike? :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ducatilimey37 said:
So is the 150 in a 55 part of the equation when looking at this new bike?
No, not really. There are many things which I considered. But personal safety and maturity weren't at the top of the list!:)

·
Registered
766 Posts
He's gonna send some poor kid on the latest and greatest to the funny farm, mumbling incoherently about getting passed on the outside by an old fart on a dirt bike.:D :cool:

·
Registered
766 Posts
And Paul, before you ask (because I know it's coming), no, I won't be at the gap this year.:twofinger Besides I don't ride the latest and greatest anyway.;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts