Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After dumping the beloved baby a couple of months ago, I have finally emerged from the paint booth!
I'd like to say thanks to all the members who mailed me and wanted to know if I fell off the face of the earth.
I just really didn't feel like posting on the forum due I had no bike to ride and I felt bad.
I will post pix after this weekend on my page, for all those who can't wait, I painted the bike similar to the 98 r/w. The exception is I made the red blue. I got carbon fiber (!) graphics from Tapeworks. You gotta see it to believe it.
Anyways, I'm back and for those of you who like my warped & sick sense of humor, I'm worse than ever! For those who don't.....well........
I'm gonna be around.

------------------
James

www.weaselracingR1.homestead.com

·
Registered
130 Posts
james,
i was wondering where you went! good to see you back. do post pix when they are ready :)
btw do you mind refreshing my memory regarding the dumping. i understand if you dont want to talk about it but i am sure that we could learn from it.
thanks

----------
arif

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, 12 years riding and first time I went down. Low speed under 20 mph, laid her down on the left side.
Frame slider took the majority of the damage, but I dicked up my left lower in front of the engine cover, had to replace the left engine cover, scratched the mirror and put a 3 inch gash in my tail.
Other than that, it wasn't too bad, I decided not to call my insurance company, so I fixed her myself.
I'd hate to have seen the bill if I didn't have sliders! Ouch!

------------------
James

www.weaselracingR1.homestead.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts